MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Try to keep in mind, there are stupid fuckers everywhere. The ones in K.C. just got more attention this week.

But maybe people in K.C. really do have nothing better to do.

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Define Irony: A Yankee fan complaining about other baseball fans being excessive in their heckling/booing.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ When we boo, we do it for a reason. And we leave the family alone!

4. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

HA! Im sorry, a team with a bleacher creature cannot speak about another teams fanbase being mean to one its players.

They're the Yankees. If you aren't a fan, you despise them.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

^ I could mention how Philly fans treated me like shit when I was there (and how they boo their own players as well) but I sense that would be redundant...

And like I said, leave the family alone. Despite what Cliff Lee might tell you, even Yankee fans don't do that. Booing Cano himself was one thing - as odd as it was to have Royals fans, of all people, doing the booing, at least it made some kind of sense when it was just Cano himself. But where the hell do they get off messing with his family?

6. R. Star

You obviously have a selective memory. Since it's relevant, the 2008 All Star game ring a bell? Papelbon suggested that he could close instead of Rivera and Yankee fans were shouting inflamitory remarks towards him and his pregnant wife along with threats.

Sure they should have left Cano's family out of it. Just like they should have left Papelbon's family out of it. I'm sure that wasn't you personally, but you really have very thin ground to be complaining on.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

^ If the '08 game really went down as you say it did (I never saw that game), then that was also way out of line.

8. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

So why does Cliff Lee saying it about Yankees fans allow you to brush it off, but when it's another team doing it to one of your players you're all up in arms?

Yankees fans can be just as dickish as any other team. Just because you're a Yankees fan doesn't mean you're better then that, or are must be held to a higher standard, despite what the team may want you to believe.

And the Papelbon thing didn't even happen during the game. It was all anyone was talking about for a week leading up to it, since Yankee fans were SOOO outraged that he would even suggest it, despite the fact that he was the one that closed out the World Series the year before. As a side note, it does still kill me that the MVP of that game was JD Drew, a Red Sox.

As for the Cano thing, harassing his family is dickish. But when they booed him during the HR derby I had to laugh. KC fans are a proud bunch, and they were a damn good team for many years. Ya they've sucked for years now, but if they see a Yankee, they're sure as hell gonna boo the shit out of him.

9. R. Star

That's half of what makes All Star games worth watching. One second they're cheering on their league, the next they're booing the division rival on "their" team. :p

10. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Like spitting on wives.

11. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, come on. I'm a New York native, I'll always love the Mets. :p I'm just happy to have a local team doing well for a change!

12. Starbreaker

The Nationals beat the Marlins and Zimmerman homered. I'm convinced this team is one power bat away from being unstoppable.

13. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know we probably don't have anyone here following the Pirates, but I've been watching a lot of their games and Andrew McCutchen is probably the hottest guy on the planet right now. He's got to be in the conversation for MVP, especially if the Pirates stay in it. He just hit another moonshot 2 run homerun tonight and it's almost expected that he's going to have big nights every night.

14. Starbreaker

Ben Sheets is back! :techman:

15. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I am going to fly to Atlanta and burn the stadium down.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

I was just there, I should have done it first. :mad:

Not only because the Braves were, as usual, stomping all over the Mets. But also because I HATE THAT FUCKING TOMAHAWK CHOP which they do every five fucking minutes in that ballpark, it seems. :brickwall:

Hell, even the Rays' "DJ Kitty" (which I also saw) is more dignified than that shit.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT9nG7f-rE0[/yt]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  17. Starbreaker

Your team just got shit on by a pitcher who hasn't pitched in two years and the back up catcher. We'll do the tomahawk chop every five minutes and you'll like it.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

^ I visited Atlanta last week and, fortunately, only one person treated me like you just did. ;)

srsly though, as much as I hate the Braves, I like Atlanta and I enjoyed Turner Field very much.

And who knows, if the Braves had been playing a team I didn't root for, I might have even *done* the Chop, although for reasons I am hesitant to get into right now, the Chop makes me uncomfortable. Oh well. :shrug: :D

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  19. R. Star

My Cubbies swept the D-backs! Our biggest victory all year!!!!!! :hugegrin::techman::p:sigh:

20. Starbreaker

Atlanta's used to its fair share of visiting teams' fans due to it's 30 years of suckiness. There are always Mets, Cubs, Cardinals, Phillies, Yankees, Red Sox, and other fans there. Saw a large chunk of Brewers fans earlier in the year.