Leaked Paramount memo?(Star Trek, GI Joe 2, TMNT)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Samurai8472, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting. Outside of the "Untitled Star Trek Sequel" and maybe "G.I. Joe 2" oh and "World War Z" the only other project on that list that interested me was "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles".

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hansel & Gretel? ;) Cute. Let's see, voiced by Kieran Culkin and Dakota Fanning.

I'm really curious how they plan to turn World War Z into a movie. Maybe take the director character from the "Clairmont colleges" chapter and use that as a framing device to tell a bunch of episodic stories? How can they plausibly keep the international scope (or maybe they ditch that)?

Does the world really need Zoolander 2?

4. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^

World War Z needs to be done in the style of Ken Burn's PBS documentary series The Civil War for it to really work. IMO (a mix of "archival footage", interviews, etc.). Although, not sure that would fly as a two-hour film as much as it would as a mini-series for HBO or some such.

5. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

[QUOTE
    Does the world really need Zoolander 2?[/QUOTE]

Answer: NO

I notice there's no mention of another Indiana Jones film anywhere in the pipeline. Guess it's really over, despite the rumors. (or, they'll wait 'till Ford's 80 to do another one)

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am really surprised they(any writer) have a hard time writing a good TMNT movie...I liked the CGI one from a few years ago.

7. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Twilight Zones.. Interesting

MI3 ? should it be MI4?

Hasbro Factory sounds live a live action Toy Story

8. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it can work if it's done in a tone similar to District 9, but it can't stray away from the documentary format like D9 does.

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

The video segments will have to be chaotic and fragmentary, considering that they would have been created under insane circumstnaces. But I guess a combination of news videos, home-made videos, security camera footage and later interviews can be cobbled together to believable create a pseudo-documentary.

10. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

Or they might decide to focus on fewer perspectives and go the flashback/narrated route with Pitt as a survivor of the war telling his story. That could work too, as an adaptation.

11. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

What Men Want? Is this a sequel to What Women Want? Will Mel Gibson make a cameo?

12. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

The JJ Abrams film actually caught my attention too. TMNT might have, but the thoughts aren't positive so far. Definitely see this isn't supposed to be for the public (way too brutally honest in terse words).

If the Associate goes through, this will be the first Grisham book I haven't read that they made a movie about. I might have to see if the book is worth the read. Also curious to see if Shia LaBeouf can handle it.

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm really keen on the Jack Ryan movie. I even liked the Ben Affleck one and he's no fav of mine.

I agree with another, is it that hard to write a solid TMNT movie? Or are they just trying to reduce being repetitive ergo hard?

Got to be MI:4 and with Bond&Bourne MIA for awhile and a SALT sequel uncertain I'd like to see Ethan Hawke back in action along with Jack Ryan. Both are properties that if done well could seize on the vacant Spy series at the cineplex.

GIJoe 2, has the pieces in place from Rise to excel if they really take to heart the property. Cautiously optimistic.

Hasbro Factory sounds exactly like Toy Story except as a vehicle to push all manner of Hasbro properties that likely wouldn't get their own movie anytime soon.

14. Samurai8472

Do we even need a Baywatch movie
    :wtf:

15. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

reading that kinda depresses me.

I was looking at a Baywatch t-shirt in the supermarket the other day and said "its about time they were making that into a movie" and looking at this, I was right.

16. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Fuck yes it does!

17. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

David Chase is involved with a Twilight Zone movie? Fucking awesome!

18. Samurai8472

Bottom entry with Unit Africa and more

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wonder what Luna would have been about.

19. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

True. There was that soldier character who's name escapes me, the one who fought in the Battle of Yonkers, and was later involved in the push back to the east coast. I could see his role being expanded to become more central.

20. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

I'm really surprised this hasn't been done yet by fans. Something like the interviews at the opening of Band of Brothers along with some doctored photos could be done quick and cheaply.