Riker's Hair in "Schisms"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Captain Clark Terrell, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

The outset of "Schisms" sees Riker oversleep because of then-unknown experiments he was subjected to, so it's not surprising that he would forget to comb his hair before coming on duty. But why is his hair a mess for a most of the episode? Tired or not, he should have had time to comb his hair. It doesn't make sense that he would spend most of the episode looking out of sorts.

--Sran

2. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I assume it must be visual dramatic license by the production in order to highlight how out of sorts Riker is for the audience.

3. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, it would seem to be the only way to make him look restless or out of sorts. In his defense, it's clear he uses more than just a comb though

and it isn't just that one episode. It also happens in Night Terrors, Frame of Mind, Gambit, & Second Chances (Tom actually) Most of which indicate he's just lost access to his magic hair jelly, which he might have gotten from Data & seems to share with Wesley on occasion. lol

He manages somewhat better without it in First Contact though (The episode)

4. Robert D. Robot

Robert D. Robot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ I think the problem was that -although Riker could have easily gotten his hands on another brand of pomade- he had lost access to his preferred pomade: "Dapper Dan"....

5. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was thinking that myself. I almost posted "He's a Dapper Dan Man" :guffaw:

I'm sure he wishes he had in back in the 19th century, in "Time's Arrow" Whatever he was using there made him look like a total dork :lol: