Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well for the US maybe, but not for the rest of the world.

And of course we are being made to wait another 3 days before we get it on this side of the pond.

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'm sure the bonuses will be the same regardless. The only difference is which vendor will get the exclusive gear. For us I'd say since Game & Gamestation are the only ones stocking (or allowed to stock?) the CE for preorder then either one or both of those will have the armour and assault rifle.

Personally I don't care. I almost never used any of the bonus DLC armour & weapons in ME2 and I doubt this will be any different.

3. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The pre-order gear for ME2 were all useless except for the blackstorm, and there's apparently a similar weapon in vanilla ME3.

The non-exclusive DLC weapons (Mattock, Geth shotty) were OP like nothing else

4. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Actually, I think the Blackstorm is in ME3, with an added Codex entry or something.

The Firepower pack was specifically designed to be OP in ME2, so they'll probably be rebalanced for ME3.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Actually I found the Firepower pack helped to rebalance certain things on the harder difficulty settings. Specifically, playing as an Adept is really tough on the higher levels since you have no powers that can reliably deal with shielded enemies. With vanilla shotguns it's difficult because the Adept seems to have very weak shields and getting in close is almost certain death. the Geth shotgun remedies that on both fronts.

As for the ME2 preorder DLC; I got the Steam "digital deluxe" version so I've never used the Blackstorm. Looked like fun though. I think I had that fugly Inferno armour, the Incisor (sp?) sniper rifle and the Collector weapons and armour (plus of course, Zaeed & the Normandy crashsite.)

The sniper rifle was actually quite useful if you gave it to your sniper squadmates as it would often completely take out enemy shields in one burst. As a Soldier or Infiltrator I found you have to resist the urge to sight on the head as the recoil will send the second & third shots high. Instead go for the centre of mass and let the recoil do the work and (if you're lucky) get the headshot with the third round. VERY effective vs. Vorcha. ;)

I've actually been messing round with the Gibbed editor recently and just for fun I'm seeing what it's like running around as a Sentinel with the Claymore, the Revenant & the Willow. I'm going to have to up the difficulty to nightmare or something because I'm just single handedly cutting through every enemy, even on hardcore! :lol:

6. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I never got round to using the shotguns on either ME1 or 2 (my vanguards usually stuck to Biotics and pistols) but for my soldiers, the Mattock was great

7. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

From NeoGaf:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Meh, I only ever use the N7 armor (with various modifications, of course).

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well at least the helmet looks good. I'll probably go for this since I'm always willing to give a new demo a go. I mean at least you don't have to buy the game like you did with the blood dragon armour, right?

10. stalin2005

stalin2005 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

But the Blood Dragon Armor was fantastic in ME2. Too bad I didn't really like DA:O (although I finished it)

11. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Well i was going to get this for the PC but as the retail version requires origin for authentication i dont think i will bother now, i have enough with steam and GFWL on my PC, i dont need or can be bothered dealing with any more of these programs.

ME3 will requires Origin(Retail and digital)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458904

1) Will Origin be a requirement to play all versions of Mass Effect 3? (Digital and/or from a retail brick and mortar store) Yes, Origin is required for all PC editions of Mass Effect 3, physical or digital.

2) Is constant Origin connection required or is it a single one off authentication when the game is first installed. Is there also a limit to the number of installations available?
    Mass Effect 3 will require a one time, single authorization for the single player game. There is no limit to the number of installs. Playing Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer will require a constant connection.

3) Is Origin required for the retail versions of the game?
    Origin is required for the PC versions of Mass Effect 3, both physical and digital.

4) Will ME3 be available on Steam?
    During initial release Mass Effect 3 will be available on Origin and a number of other 3rd party digital retailers, but not on Steam at this time. Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content. We are intent on providing Mass Effect to players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play their game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with our consumers.

5) Is there an opt in or opt out clause for data collection?
    Users will be allowed to opt-out of Mass Effect 3 data collection from inside the game.

6) I’ve seen reports that Origin is spyware. Is this true?
    Origin is not spyware, and does not use or install spyware on user’s machines. In order to allow Origin to install games and their patches for everyone to use, Origin implements a permission change that results in Windows, not Origin, reviewing the filenames in the ProgramData/Origin folder. This is an ordinary Windows function, not an information-gathering process.

7) Has the Origin EULA been updated following recent questions in Germany?
    The German Origin EULA has been updated. For more information, please review the Origin EULA here: http://www.ea.com/1/product-eulas.

8) Is there a double-opt in for Mass Effect 3 marketing emails for German residents?
    Yes, we always adhere to the German requirement of a double opt-in standard for marketing emails. Mass Effect 3 users must opt-in twice to receive these emails.

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'm rather resigned to the whole thing. My preference would be to get it on Steam, but that's obviously not going to happen since Valve and EA had a falling out. Even if I owned and Xbox or PS3 (which I don't), all my previous ME1&2 saves are on the PC and starting from scratch for ME3 just isn't going to happen.

Personally, I plan on finding a way to disable or block Origin from making an outside connection once the game has been installed and all the activation codes have been sorted out (which took a bot of doing for ME2 as well as I recall.)

13. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

ME3 being on Steam was my main concern . . . looks like I won't be getting it for a while.

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Just finished playing the demo and I have to say, it was a lot of fun! Gameplay wise it's sort of Zelda/Beyond Good & Evil meets Dragon Age. Storywise...not so much, but then it's an open world RPG, so I wouldn't expect the main plot to open up within the first 45 mins.

And yes, just to be sure I checked that the ME3 DLC has been unlocked on my Bioware social account.

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Apologies for double posting, but I just came across the official announcement for the Mass Effect 3 demo. Short version: it'll be out on all platforms on February 14.

I'm not sure if I'll bother with it myself as I know I'm going to buy the game regardless and I'd like to remain spoiler free as much as possible.

16. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Yeah, I think I'll wait and see what ppl say about it. ( If it's Spoiler City, population: waaaay too much) before I decide yea or nay.

17. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's the same two missions from the leaked demo. Which honestly didn't reveal too much that hasn't already been blown in press releases ("teh Reapers invadin our planitz, we r skared").

18. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm going to try and resist, but I'll probably end up getting the demo. If nothing else, it'll give me a chance to see how Origin handles while running it.

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^The only thing that's tempting me at the moment is the Kingdoms of Amalur unlockables. I think that demo might have won me over. Out of interest, did anyone else give it a go?

20. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Not yet... I probably will though.