Was there one episode of DS9 that hooked you?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by He'sDeadJim, Oct 30, 2009.

1. He'sDeadJim

He'sDeadJim Ensign Red Shirt

Mine was the Jem Hadar

2. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. He'sDeadJim

He'sDeadJim Ensign Red Shirt

I missed Duet on DS9's initial run, a very good episode.

4. Sykonee

Sykonee Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Was off-and-on for most of the first four season, then somewhere in the middle of Season Five, I started to follow the show more steadily. I can't remember any particular episode that properly 'hooked' me in, just that I felt the show had gotten really good, and was worth watching (even if it was through re-runs most of the time).

Then Call To Arms aired. Niner for life after that.:techman:

5. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It took you 5 seasons to become a Niner?! Philistine! ;)

6. Sykonee

Sykonee Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I blame high-school shenanigans.:alienblush:

Hardly coincidentally, my Niner-dom began post-graduation, during my first Uni year. ;)

7. apenpaap

apenpaap Commodore Commodore

Past Prologue for me. Garak turned me into a Niner on the second episode.

8. toughlittleship

toughlittleship Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Way of the Warrior.

9. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Emmissary the flashback to the borg battle at Wolf 359 and seeing what happened with Ben sisko's story and the loss of his wife Jennifer and how it affected him.All. the other characters Like Kira,odo and Dax, Bashir, o'Brienwas what I liked about this series and watch it for all seven seasons.Also characters like Garak, Quark, Rom and Nog, Worf and many other characters I liked and added alot of depth to this series.That confrontation scene Sisko has with Picard about wolf 359 is really powerful moment and shows what a good actor Avery Brooks is.

10. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Call to Arms.

Rented out the VHS purely based on the cover and watched "In the Cards" and "Call to Arms", after that I was getting out the tapes as soon as they became available.

Prior to that I'd seen Emissary and The Way of the Warrior but neither got me into the show, though WotW came close.

11. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

I think it was either The Jem'Hadar, or might have been something in season 3. Perhaps even The Adversary.

12. BorgPhil

BorgPhil Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Way of the Warrior, I'd been watching ds9 on and off on bbc2, which was about a season behind, then I decided to buy WotW on VHS when it came out, and I was hooked. Bought every episode on VHS when it came out after that.

13. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

defiant in season three got me hooked

14. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Emissary for sure.

15. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I liked the show during seasons 1-3... but the obsession began with Way of the Warrior.

16. TeutonicNights

TeutonicNights Commander Red Shirt

When the escape shuttle with Sisko and Jake launched.
    The ships getting owned by the cube already got me thinking "Wow...this is pretty awesome", but I think that was the moment where they really got me.

I knew those guys liked what I liked.
    And just when it seemed it might jump the shark... they got me again with WotW.

17. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

DS9...you had me at Emissary.:adore:

18. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Another vote for DS9's pilot here. I could tell right after that ep that DS9 was going to be something special. Everything from the Wolf 359 flashback to Sisko explaining linear time to the Prophets to the silent acknowledgment of making peace with Picard was extremely well-done. It didn't take long for me to like the new characters (except Julian), and I already really liked O'Brien from TNG. I thought Julian was a dweeb (and I still think he was, at first), but did he ever improve! Watched Inter Arma last night, and the difference is astounding.

19. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a sense, DS9 never had to get me hooked. I adored TNG and heartily welcomed a new Trek show. And I certainly enjoyed DS9 right from the start although, at first, it couldn't touch TNG in my mind.

I guess the major turning point was "The Visitor". I was completely blown away by that one. And S4 was also the one where I felt the show truly became amazing.

In retrospect, I think the first truly brilliant episode on the show is "Emissary". It wasn't until a few years after I'd first seen it that I really 'got' the story and what it was about.

20. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not sure what it was when it was originally on TV, but when I bought the season 1 DVD I was generally kind of disappointed, but In the Hands of the Prophets helped convince me that the show was worth persevering with and helped lead me to the much more rewarding territory of season 2.