Smallville: 10x09 "Patriot" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Nov 19, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Superman! (Excellent)

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. The Blur (Good)

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Clark Kent (Average)

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Kal (Good)

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Superdouche (Terrible)

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Last week he used his super breath under Kryptonite

In Superman Returns he flew a whole island into space that was laced with Kryptonite

this is not the first time Superman has used his powers under Kryptonite, saw it lots in the cartoons too

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yes, but I'm talking about Smallville. Where everytime he's exposed to the stuff he turns useless.

Well, more useless than he normally is.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

As I said, chalk this up then as another example of a classic case of writing inconstancy and the writer writing himself into a hole that he wasn't able to get out of. The explanations maybe "weak" but that doesn't make them incorrect. The person who does the Smallville wiki episode synopsis would seem to agree with me....this is taken from their article for "Patriot".

"Clark uses his x-ray vision on Slade to find the Omega symbol branded onto his forehead. He realizes that Slade is going to back down and braces himself for the explosion which destroys the building around them. "

The fact is that he was not under that Kryponite for long and he could have taken whatever punishment the exploding building would have dished out on him. Simple as that. Shoddy writing? Yes. Anything new that we don't already know about? Is this really that big a deal? No. Move along now.

4. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still wondering how Clark even knew to scan his head. That whole sequence was done pretty shoddy come to think about it. All happened offscreen, but edited to make us think they didn't survive. Cutting away to an external shot of the compound blowing up. Is Slade just a Darkseid lacky now like Granny Goodness or Godfrey?

5. Admiral_Young

Obviously the scene with the x-ray vision was just a plot device to show us the 'kewl' Darkseid Omega symbol, nothing more and to say that Slade was marked. I don't think that Slade is a lack as much as he's a tool of fear that the Unholy Trinity is using for their agenda of spreading fear and intolerance.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Watched Animal House the other night.

Every time they would talk about destroying the Omegas, I had to laugh that Darkseid had already got a foot hold on earth in the mid 1950s... Maybe it was time travel and Clark wasn't too far behind?

7. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

This is the best season of Smallville yet, I'm really liking it, i think this next episode is actually going to be pretty good.

I think Chloe leaving is what Clark needed, both her and Lana, out of his life, they should both die, then he'll have nothing holding him back except Lois, she can die too, maybe.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

What we have been watching is Tantric Smallville.

It's veritas that every time Chloe walks across the screen most of us blow our loads, so by extracting this sure thing, we have been building pressure in our balls for a certainly mythic and legendary eruption when she finally falls back into the story.

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

AC mentioned it in the episode.

10. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Haven't been to Ocean City in years, though I used to go all the time (I used to live in Salisbury). How is the old place?

11. Admiral_Young

Hey NX!!! I was referencing Arthur's line. I do agree that this year has been the best season of Smallville in years but there is no way you can convince me that next weekend's episode is worth watching with a straight face. John Glover is confirmed for appearing in another episode, I think it's "Icarus" actually so I'll watch him in that.

12. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Come on Admiral alternate universe tales are always awesome. We can find out that Evil Clark killed Good Lex or how in the name of El did Lionel name his found son, "Clark" instead of a with an "L". I mean who would name someone Clark Luthor.

13. Admiral_Young

Someone who watches it can tell me how Lionel comes up with the name Clark.

14. N-121973

N-121973 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

All this has happened before...

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

1. Trekker4747 it wasn't about you as other stuff in my life...sorry. :sigh:

2. Elena Satine as Mera...WOW!!! so Fucking HOT!!! LOVED Her. :D

3. This ep was meh. Give it "The Blur".

4. I assume Clark is going to escape...so wasn't bothered by not seeing it.

5. Clark Luthor! :lol:

16. Admiral_Young

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

... About Clark Luthor! :lol:

I can't wait for this ep...you gotta watch it. :)

18. Admiral_Young

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

You might be missing out...we will see. :sigh:

20. Admiral_Young

Well some of us will see and others of us won't ;)