what do people want star trek 3 to be like

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by tmosler, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

I hope for exploration of a strange new world personally. Combined with some Klingon problems. Modern day Organian story or similar? Iconian? Dysonsphere? Something along those lines.

2. SiddFinch1

SiddFinch1 Captain Captain

Mirror universe! Have a good klingon from the mu seek out the E to combat the MU-E and protect the peaceful klingons from hostile terrans/vulcans

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  3. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

What do you mean by explore?

4. MrJ

MrJ Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Then the next movie after that will be a reboot.

I don't really care what the next movie will be. I said after leaving the theatre when I saw STD that I'm done with Star Trek. But I may be willing to give them one more chance as long as the next movie doesn't feature any of the following:

-A bad guy with a stupid revenge plan

-Earth in immediate danger

-An enormous, evil looking ship, captained by the bad guy. That dwarfs the Enterprise and has many times the fire power.

-A fist fight with the bad guy and the hero, usually with a ticking clock and a super weapon about to go off.

The last three Star Trek movies have had all of the above. And the last six have had two or more of those points. I don't know why these film makers think that Star Trek movies all have to be the same.

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Because of the 79 original episodes, probably half of them meet at least one of your criteria.

6. MrJ

MrJ Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Um... what? Sure there were a few TOS episodes but not anywhere near half of them. And they weren't aired consecutively, but instead spread out over three seasons. Unlike the TNG and JJ films which is just the same shit over and over again. Except the JJ movies have a bigger budget and more lens flares than the TNG movies had.

7. timelord1010

timelord1010 Captain Captain

I agree 100% with your comments and have said the same to other people.
    Thru nearly all of TOS Earth was never in direct danger until the TOS movies started.
    If JJ Abrams and company want to really do something different, do a TOS version of the book Vendetta and have the Doomsday Machine battle the Borg and have the Enterprise caught in the middle.

8. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How about ninety percent drama and intrigue in the 3rd film and only ten percent action? That way we can have a fourth film which can have kick-ass action like STID.

Everyone is expecting an action film even more intense so if the 3rd film was more laid-back and had more drama, in essence be slower, everyone would love it: critics, trekkies and the general audience because it is something completely different to the last two JJ Trek films. Heck everyone will declare JJ Abrams a film god for delivering the best sci-fi drama film in years...

Heck, it would be the most intelligent Trek movie in years and the new characters would become stronger and everyone would love them more. Throw in some intrigue plot and make it an adventure one some far-off planet, and then they find something which is like a conspiracy or something against the Federation. So what starts off all pleasant and nice becomes -- at the end -- edge-of-your-seat stuff at the ending with the climax as this conspiracy is exposed. Then end on a note guaranteed to yield another film to wrap up everything in the 3rd one and that would work.

My wishlist:

Develop Spock/Uhura.

McCoy seriously needs some more decent screen time.

I wanna see Kirk tap Carol Marcus, 'cos Trek must be hip and cool and so it must have a gratuitous sex scene.

A planet to explore. With a big budget and can we finally have the mother of all away missions with awesome creatures, a cool alien race and some awesome landscapes?

That's about it really.

9. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

I like your ideas. I'd be happy to see this for the next film. Not all Trek movies need to be revenge action movies

10. Kruezerman

Question: What happens when the crew "explores" said planet?

11. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

Diplomacy.

Lots and lots of diplomacy.

12. Kruezerman

So a political drama? Spies and sex and shit?

13. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

Maybe they'll unfreeze what's-his-name and it'll be a feature-length kickoff for a Bourne Trek film series.

14. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Tell you what, maybe the third film should be the run-up to a Klingon/Federation war, and things are not going well for Starfleet. But a group inside of Starfleet and the Federation government feel that the Prime Directive is not enough so they introduce more draconian laws and measures for the Federation's safety and protection. It would be an opportunity for tension and suspense without a plot twist or action scene every two minutes, something which seems to be lost in many film directors these days.

Then the fourth film could be the war itself and how the Federation eventually prevails against the Klingons. The fourth film would have to be three hours long to do justice to some of the war's chronological events. Then comes the fifth film and it addresses the Federation and Starfleet's descent into tyranny as laws introduced in the war are not revoked. I can imagine the fifth film's climax is Kirk and a whole bunch of Starfleet captain's deciding to go rogue with their ship's and crew on the basis of moral principles and not wanting to be part of some kind of totalitarian state.

So we have a trilogy, lots of opportunity for drama and angst, action and a plot which will satisfy the casual audience, the Trekkies and those wanting something a wee bit thought-provoking. A trilogy of films all released in the space of two years and actually doing something really different with this universe.

15. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

As good as the first 2.

16. Kolinahr

Kolinahr Lieutenant Red Shirt

Why don't they let fans like you who have awesome ideas direct these things? These sound like great ideas. I'd back this 100%.

17. Gsam

Gsam Lieutenant Red Shirt

I hope to see no Kirk/Marcus and absolutely NO David. JJ is not really good in the romance department or I maybe I should say with the total drama thing. He is about the action and I just feel that if anything one of the subtle differences in a more mature Kirk is that he learns he can look without touching. Also that he focuses on his command and the strengthening of the interactions of himself, Spock, and Bones with regards to command decisions.

They talk about how this movie was supposed to help bring this crew to the level of interactions as the more mature Tos's was. The next movie should show more command decision interactions and focus less on the personal stuff.

Granted I get the movie has to have some gratuitous sex so maybe have spock and uhura finally meld or something.

18. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree.:vulcan:

I think :klingon:Klingon v. Federation.

19. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Ralph Offenhouse?

:)

20. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Two years into their five-year mission and Kirk and Spock realise they can't keep kidding themselves, living miserable lives as it is what is expected of them. Spock dumps Uhura and Kirk washes his hands of Carol, before they elope in a shuttlecraft.

As they begin their new, happy lives together; the JJprise is placed under the command of the young (by NuTrek standards he'd be no older than 20) and brilliant Willard Decker.