The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it was because she thought it was Glen.

2. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

When they were saying, "they got away" I think it was in the context of: this doesn't make sense, how could they all be dead, they got away from the prison in time. Like, it's not fair, we thought they made it...

That's why Bob said, they were good people and probably partially why Maggie was apologizing, but she was more apologizing to Glenn because as far as she was thinking at the time, she lived and he died and it's her fault because she wasn't able to save him

3. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

That would pollute an already overcrowded forum. TWD does not have the traditional amount of episodes per season, so its easy to keep all discussion here.

More convenient, lazy TV stuff. At point blank range--Bob's position--the bullet would have gone through the walker and right into Maggie...but its not quite her time yet....

The walkers were the refugees from Woodbury and a few Daryl and Rick found over the months between the end of season 3 and beginning of season 4. In that time, Maggie has become very familiar with them, hence her "i'm sorry" when destroying them.

4. TREK_GOD_1

Yep, the truly stomach-turning point in the series.

5. TREK_GOD_1

Getting rid of the baby at this point is just gross shock for the sake of it. The series needs to tone down the shock/stunt episodes (which littered season 3).

6. TREK_GOD_1

Agreed, since a certain main character already tried to straighten out the perceptions/behavior of the character you refer to. I can see that playing out easily.

7. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh and I agree, what I meant was if the last we ever saw of her was the bloody carrier I would have been fine with that, now I'm afraid we'll be stuck with what we had this episode, basically every scene she's in she will be crying and putting the group into danger or we need to find milk or we need to change her diaper or...., I think that will get old real fast.

As far as the season toning down? If it remotely follows the comic it will be ramping up two fold.

8. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I think Judith won't be much of a role, just a hindrance at best that they have to keep reminding us exists. I don't think they'll worry too much about bottles, diapers and such unless they need to as MacGuffin to get our characters in trouble or to cause something to happen. But it *is* possible at some point they may need to kill her off otherwise they're going to need one serious pool of babies and toddlers for the rest of the series.

9. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This was a good episode. Not really anything that stunned me, but still a solid hour

I was surprised to see the baby return, even as probable as it returning was, mostly because I thought it was a solid out for the situation. As potential shitty baby deaths go, how bad was it? I mean really, how troubled were we about it just being...... gone?

It seemed like the majority of chatter was more in line with how the group split up & such. Very little talk about how the baby could be dead, and that was possibly because people didn't believe it was dead, or because the thought of it was too horrific to mention

Whatever the reason it wasn't a hot topic, it still could have been possible, and if that had been the decided baby death scenario, frankly, you couldn't play it much better. It played well, & the aftermath would have been manageable, both in the story & among the fanbase

Now we have to continue to contend with the other potential scenarios. What if Lizzy had smothered it? Worse. What if there's a scene involving an attack and it turns? Worse. An accident, etc...

Any point that the baby dies now will be far more terrible than it might have been here, and now they have kind of spent the option of playing it like that again, because it's liable to be less impactful to have it disappear a second time, due to dramatic tedium

To be honest, as a caring person, it's pleasant to know the baby is ok, but objectively, it might have been better to have been done with it here & now, like that

On the up side, the baby is most likely safe now, until they reunite it with either Rick, Carl or both

10. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

Sigh, I really want to find out how did the people who left the prison in that old bus turned into zombies. I guess i am not going to find out.

11. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The back of the bus was riddled with bullet holes so I guess that they were all shot and died. Also some were weak from sick and may have died from that as well.

12. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was a bit lazy but it's not hard to visualize. Whoever was onboard is obviously panicking since they took off without the people they were waiting for. Perhaps there are already people onboard who were dead or dying. On top of that, one of the invaders shoots up the bus and kills a few people. All it takes is for any one of those to do a "rapid turn" and munch a couple more people. Suddenly there's mass panic. Folks stampede out of the bus, trampling a few more of their own on the way. Right there, that already accounts for the number of zombies onboard.

As for everyone else who got out of the bus: they just kept running and we won't see them again. The only smart thing they did was to shut the bus door. ;)

Now THAT was just plain lazy.

13. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

If the Alexandria Safe-Zone is in Georgia and they just go there now, then what's the point of Abraham and co showing up? if...
    they're not gonna go on a fun journey down Washington DC way. Which seen as Eugene had the walkie talkie/radio in his hand at the end of the episode, I would guess they are, or at least something similar

14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, the baby is alive, thank goodness, but I feel sorry for poor Tyrese, stuck with two little kids and an infant. And then he was so happy to see Carol, still not knowing that she is (maybe) the killer and was exiled. And she lied to him.

Glen was great in this episode. Lots of planning and smart moves. Maybe he should be the boss. :D

She apologized for losing it and taking out her anger on the dead person.

15. PKerr

IMDB lists (and I take it with a grain of salt) the season 5 opener as the Trek to D.C.

"Episode #5.1
    Rick and the group are heading to Washington D.C., where they meet new danger and a new enemy. Once again, Rick must do whatever it takes to keep the rest of the group safe."

*Sigh* Me thinks the new enemy will be Negan which means season 5 could possibly be a mirror of season 4, let's just hope it's the back half of the season.

That will also mean that 5 seasons of show will have caught up to 10 years of comics and both will be in new territory.

Personally I think the Negan thing has dragged on waaaay too long in the comic (25-ish books now) and it's too close to the whole governor story line.

Also here are a few sneak peeks for next week.

Sneak Peek #1

In this conversation between Rick and Michone it certainly appears like there was no re-grouping plan in place.

Sneak Peek #2

Promo 4X11

Spanish Promo

Be warned, like the last one with Judith it may have a possible spoiler.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  16. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Considering the premiere of Season 5 is almost a year away I'd take any reports on what it'll be about with LESS than a grain of salt.

I really doubt the show will movie production away from Georgia so I suspect we'll be here for the long haul. They *might* be able to using Georgia locations to match locations in other parts of the country if they head for Alexandria/D.C. But... It'd be a stretch.

As for the guy with the radio and the importance it plays in the comics, they may not translate to the show itself. He likely had it just to reproduce the comic cover they were going for on the introduction of the characters. He simply has to communicate with their camp.

All speculation on part, naturally, but I think it'd be hard for the show to depict Alexandria/D.C. while keeping production in Georgia and not having to do some extensive, and expensive, location shooting.

17. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well the film Dumb and Dumber II was filmed here in GA and they turned the city of Marietta into El Paso Texas.

Regarding this episode - it was a little slow for me. The story arcs are starting to get for me a little redundant and so are their encounters with the zombies.

18. PKerr

Several articles I've read and even an interview with Michael Cudlitz says they will follow his(and his crew) background that story line (The trip to D.C.) pretty much verbatim.

19. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

This episode had me screaming at the TV - "Don't smother that baby!" She seemed to zone out and not hear her sister at all. Something seems a bit off about her.

20. PKerr

Yeah, on the talking Dead they said they currently use 3 sets of twins and a fake doll to play Judith, seems like more hassle than it's worth, they had an out, I wish they had taken it.