Plinkett's next review is revealed here....

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ50qsDTkaY&feature=g-all-u&context=G2f2ca40FAAAAAAAACAA[/yt]

Hopefully it will be this week. It's very soon. He will also being doing a livestream of some older reviews. He will answer questions, etc.

2. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

It'd be cool if he didn't even mention the fridge. :D

3. Flying Spaghetti Monster

well in TPM he barely mentioned Jar Jar....

4. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Alright, if no one else is gonna: redhead: wow.

Also, cool, new Plinkett review.

5. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That bastard STILL owes me some frelling pizza rolls!

6. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

The Plinkett character has been played out for me and I feel the reviews have been featured nothing but dwindling returns since the TPM one. Hopefully the longer break this time around has recharged their batteries.

Anyway, as someone who liked the fourth one, I'm curious to see what RLM's overall reaction to it will be. Loathing, Middling, or Enjoyment. I doubt the last one considering RLM never seems to like anything, even the stuff they like! :lol:

7. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I think his NuTrek review was different enough, and I laughed my butt off... and in terms of overall quality his ROTS review is a diamond.

I watch AOTC the least.. to much in there about the love scenes, (the X's bit was great, though)... and just it was just not as good. The best part was his transporting the lightsaber battles into a video game.

That's very pointed.

He does have a schtick, and you can expect more of the same.. but I happen to love it.

8. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, I like his schtick. I think it is just wearing thin for me. Personally, I didn't care much for the AOTC or ROTS reviews and, though having good bits, I felt they were overlong and largely dealt with trivial matters (honestly, did he have to go on for ten minutes about Sam Jackson's casting?).

I mostly liked the Star Trek one as he seemed to like the movie, which gave the review a bit of a different tone. Beyond my liking KOTCS, I hope he has at least a middling level of enjoyment, because I fear that if he hates it, the review will drone on about how much Lucas sucks. This gets old after seeing three other reviews saying the same thing. :shrug:

9. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Well, I'm sure he'll give the film a good dose of scornful criticism. However, if his opinion is like mine, he would appreciate the spirit of the adventure, the tone of the 50's and most of all Ford's performance... considering his age and his stodgy performances prior to this, he seemed to have slipped into Indy really well, and he carried the film.

10. Flying Spaghetti Monster

11. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Indeed:techman::drool:
    I am glad that I am not the only one who noticed her;)
    But like many others, I am also happy that we get a new
    Plinkett review. I enjoyed much the previous reviews,
    that made some good points and offered some good laughs on top of that.

12. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Got to saythe guy that is voicing the Emperor sounds just like him.

13. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I tried watching part of the ROTS review, waiting for one of these alleged "good points" to surface. I apparently didn't get far enough. :rommie: However, in a completely unsurprising development it only took about a minute to get to a misrepresentation of the films, ROTJ specifically, where he implies Threepio's "here we go again" is at the beginning of the film in order to juxtapose it with the beginning of ROTS. As usual, a lack of familiarity with the source material doesn't speak very highly of Stoklasa's credibility.

14. Flying Spaghetti Monster

you are, quite simply, wrong. he never said that the line comes at the beginning of the film. Nope. He did say it comes at the beginning of an adventure that awaits them. that is true.. it is said by Threepio as they head out to Endor.

I guess you're not the one familiar with the source material.

15. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope the review isn't longer than the movie this time. They're fun, but come ON! :lol:

16. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

17. Set Harth

I never said that he did. I said that it was implied by juxtaposition with the beginning of ROTS. The point was that this was at the beginning of the ROTS review, and something in the middle of ROTJ is not really relevant to the beginning of ROTS.

18. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Man, this is what I hate about the internet. Even when you demonstrate that someone is wrong, they still deny that's what they meant. Threepio was talking about a new adventure that they were embarking on, and it doesn't matter that this new adventure came at the middle of the film. Geez.

19. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Here's the simple solution to your dilemma: Figure out which posters aren't worth bothering with, and then put them on ignore. Works like a charm! :)

20. Set Harth

If you read my original post you'll see a theme is the lack of alleged good points. Now, how do you think the Threepio stuff ties into this?

Guess again. I know when the line was said, which was the whole point.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011