Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Eleanor_zhDarjel

Eleanor_zhDarjel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

in the year of the flood, St. Stephen King Day
    Birthday present for my sister. But I'm not telling. She is a horrible nerd like me and part of this forum...

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

More iron supplements, some cleaning supplies and Downy Wrinkle remover.

Such an exciting life I lead. [​IMG]

3. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Some expensive brush, called foolee, for my cat.

4. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

HD Set Top Box for my TV. Hopefully no more reception problems.

5. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I looked it up because I was curious, and our cat brush looks somewhat similar. Well the comb part does, the handle is some cheapo plastic thing because we got it at the local pet store. It's really quite wonderful and he seems to be happy with it.

6. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

I bought mine at the local vet (it's a one minute walk around the corner from where we (the cat and I) live). That -I believe- (buying it at the vets) is why it was so expensive :rommie:

What can I say? It's the first time I have a cat that isn't actually my parent's :rommie: and she's still less than one year of age: nothing's too good for my kitty :guffaw:

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Two gallons of milk from the store I work at.

8. Kestra

That's certainly something I won't disagree with!

9. Eleanor_zhDarjel

Eleanor_zhDarjel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

in the year of the flood, St. Stephen King Day
    Train tickets from Hannover to Koblenz to visit my parents. First class and all...

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

That seems a tremendously well-designed and useful comb. The demo video on their website is very impressive. I bet your cat will appreciate being properly groomed like that.

Haven't been buying much over the last few days apart from lunches at my local cafe, and a couple of meals out. But I did also pay for some new (and some old but re-collared in contrasting colours) bespoke shirts, which I ordered a while back but only received yesterday:

[​IMG]

(click for full-size image which shows the patterns up better)

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

My cat hates being brushed. I will never buy another brush for her again.

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Same here :techman:

Also, I ordered a 16 GB USB flash drive to extend the puny 20 GB HDD space on my 360.

Very nice! I have quite a few similar shirts although I'm in the process of changing my wardrobe to "plain white shirts + tie only" after watching too much Mad Men ;):D

13. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I plan to buy this dress from Macy's- if I can use my coupon for it. I love Tommy Hilfiger clothes, and Macy's is just about the only store that carries the plus sizes. I need some nice casual/dressy clothes for my upcoming New Orleans trip! I like this one, too, but I really can't afford both right now.

I also just bought a copy of Christopher and his Kind by Christopher Isherwood, because my library doesn't have it, and I want to read it before I see the BBC movie with Matt Smith. :p

ETA- ah, crap. My coupon is expired. I'll buy the dress anyway. I need a treat.

14. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I actually like the plaid dress better than the second one you linked (and it's rare for me to dislike anything with blue in it). The way the color is blocked on the second makes even the model look a bit pear shaped.

Yes, New Orleans is hotter than HELL, but be sure to bring a light sweater for night time and indoor places. Here in the Gulf Coast, a lot of place set the A/C on Artic Blast setting. While it's 88 F outside (with 90% humidity), it might be 58 F inside.

15. Kestra

I agree, the plaid one is very nice!

16. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Futurama Vol 4 (last one I was missing)
    Megamind- blind bought it because it's been "Long wait" on Netflix for three weeks now
    Rift digital download (only $32 at Amazon now!)

17. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, if Kestra and auntiehill say it's better, then plaid it is! ;) I'm going to wait a couple of weeks.

18. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

These days you can find some very good deals on the internet for a second hand 120Gb Xbox HDD to substitute yours, and a transfer cable to go with it so not to lose all the content you already have. :)

That's what I did and I'll never look back. :cool:

19. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks SPCTRE. I'm pretty far from being a clothing minimalist. Not orthogonally positioned to it, but pretty far in the opposite direction, so I could never go white shirt only. It is a very smart business look though, if done right.

Casual looks are harder with just white shirts though I think, esp. if you like earthy colours for casual items. White can be too stark against those I feel.

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Yep, I know - that's definitely the way to go in terms of bang for the buck!

The USB flash drive is more of a short-term solution to keep my expenses down this month.
    It is a very smart look and to be honest I'm pretty much overdressed for the company I work at, but what the hell - I enjoy wearing that stuff :techman:

Your point about the casual looks is also very true, I feel pretty much the same - which is why I'm not getting rid of my old shirts :lol:

I just wish I didn't need extra-long sleeves, that would definitely make it easier and less expensive to get new shirts.