Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Superman really needs some red to break up the middle of that blue one-sey. It don't have to be panties; just put some red there.

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I don't know about entire body armor, but I was under the impression that the lead-lined shield was standard fair now, if not practical.

It's not crazy to think they'd go the extra step and make some kind of "lead-fiber" suit.

3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, here she's standing on a symbol that's neither Zod's nor Jor-El's and Kal-El's. Since the other symbols have been identified as theirs, respectively, I was basically assuming that the one she's standing on is hers.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Really, I hate the removal of the red portion of the tights. It's an iconic symbol of Superman that's been there for the better part of 80 years. Why get rid of it now.

Oh, because it "kinda, sorta, looks like underwear if you think about it a certain way and squint."

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe Clark will tinker around with his costume and it'll be there in the sequel (if we get one). He's not quite the Superman that we all know and love in this film...perhaps he adds some kind of insignia later on or something. *Shrugs*.

@Corporal Captain I totally wasn't paying attention to her base LOL. I was looking at just her suit. In that case yeah that seems to be her house crest. I am liking these new designs. Zod has never really had a definitive crest/symbol for any of his incarnations...I guess the one that "Smallville" came up with is the closest we can get to one, so I like that the film has given them something new and distinguishable.

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Get off my lawn!

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Well, I may hate it, but I'm not going to denounce the movie for it. Hell, it's a movie I'm very much looking forward to. I just don't agree with the decision to remove the "red trunks" from the costume, or the similar decision to do so with the New52 Superman.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The only thing that bothers me about Superman's suit in the New 52 (aside from the high collar) is that while the outline of the crest is present on the belt...I feel like it should contain the House of El symbol in it. LOL. It's a minor nitpick of mine, but the suit's actually grown on me a lot since I first saw it.

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I like the existence of the belt in the new 52. I just don't like the design of it.

10. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

I hate that. Really miss the red trunks.
    I hate the rubber texture.
    I hate the muted colors.
    I hate the raised shield.
    I LOVE the Earth-2 "S" emblem.
    I think Cazeiv uh Cavaxzie uh, Jimmy Jesus looks very good as Superman.
    If he says his name backwards, does he disappear?

11. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Um, I think you may be confusing Jim Caviezel (who played Jesus) with Henry Cavill, who is playing Superman in MAN OF STEEL.

Just to avoid confusion, they're not the same guy.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I certainly wouldn't have minded if they kept the trunks, but by this point I've gotten so used to his new look (both in the comics and the new movie) that the trunks really ARE starting to look a bit silly to me.

Especially in live action. In comics, I think they still work perfectly fine, because you can get away with much crazier outfits and designs there (like all those skimpy female costumes, which would look cheap and trashy as hell on a real girl).

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I didn't see Superman in armor. I saw Kryptonians in armor. On Krypton they might need it, since they aren't super there. When they arrive on Earth, they might keep it on.

14. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

oh. Crap. What's Cavill been in?

15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

16. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

If you think about it in a certain way?
    I don't wanna squint at that area.

17. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Same here. I actually like the new suit and think it would probably would have looked good if they had used this design for the movie. the belt just needs a bit of tweaking.

I am still having a hard time with the texturing of the new movie suit. Ah well. I'm sure it'll be a kick-ass movie so it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

18. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

You prefer the eyeful, then ;)

19. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Man, Faora is hot.

20. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

The trunks looked stupid and I'm glad they're gone - it was way overdue.