Star Wars actor Richard LeParmentier, 1946-2013

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by J.T.B., Apr 17, 2013.

1. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actor Richard LeParmentier has died at 66. He played the smug. back-talking Admiral Motti in Star Wars and stood out as the lone Amercan accent among the Imperial higher-ups.

http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/Actor-p...tory-18719761-detail/story.html#axzz2QiuvNVdY

I was always intrigued by the "I find your lack of faith disturbing" scene. Back when Star Wars was a standalone film, it was fun to ponder the implications. Not only was it a cool way to show off Vader's power, but what was the back story? Was he a has-been, out of favor with everyone but Tarkin? Did the Imperials regard him and his "religion" as a little kooky, or just old fashioned? Were different Imperial factions struggling for power on the inside? I always enjoyed that glimpse inside the Death Star halls of power and the throat-twitching performance of Mr. LeParmentier. RIP.

2. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

His backstory according to the Imperial Wiki

3. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

R.I.P.

I thought he might have been a bit older than that, still too young.

5. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh... There's a signed photo of him in the pub by my local rail station. Must have been a regular sometime...

6. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Damn. I met him at Phoenix ComicCon about 4 years ago. He was very nice. I got him to sign an autograph for me that said, "To Sexyfan47, Imperial Officers do it while they're choking.";)

He also played the main police detective in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? My friend Mike was the only one at the convention who got an autograph with his Roger Rabbit character instead of his Star Wars one.

Interestingly, although all the toys & expanded universe stuff refers to him as "Admiral Motti," he's actually billed as "General Motti" in the credits of the film itself.

Man... :(

7. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Did he lose the will to live?

Because that kind of thing tends to happen when Vader chokes a bitch.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

:( I always liked him in movies, even small roles.

9. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I find his lack of breath disturbing.

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes or given you clairvoyance enough to find the Rebels hidden fort-- *ack*". Great scene.

Rest in peace sir.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  11. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

He actually had an interest in real space. Spoke highly of ISS at a convention booth. I am glad I met him and Forry Ackerman before the end.