NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by SmoothieX, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Tate had both hands on the ball initially. He let go briefly while they were both in the air and then had his hand on the ball again when they fell to the ground. I can see the call being open to interpretation in this case.

If the losers tonight were someone besides the well-loved Packers, I think there would be a lot less butthurt on the internet tonight.

2. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh cool I didn't realize Roger Goodell was a member here.

3. InklingStar

Whether the call was right or not, two things are true:

The replacement refs have got to go.

An intense gritty game by both teams is overshadowed by a questionable call.

4. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't mean to fight with you, but can you show me a picture or video where Tate gets two hand on the ball at the same time as Jennings, because the the first photo I put in my last post looks to be pretty early in the sequence (what with they're being pretty high off the ground, and all) and it's clear that Jennings has a better handle on it. The second picture shows Jennings has two hands on it, and it's pressed to his chest, where is Tate's control that you're talking about?

5. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

I was rooting for the Seahawks to pull the upset, but that was an awesomely bad call. I feel bad for Green Bay. Even if it had been New England, Pittsburgh or Dallas (the three teams I always root against) on the losing end, I STILL would have felt bad.

6. InklingStar

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH73_CzRYzk[/yt]

In context, both of them appear to have possession. A case can be made that Jennings has a better angle, but I'm not sure that there is enough there to call it an interception.

7. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't kid yourself, InklingStar. No way that was a "simultaneous" catch. Jennings possessed the ball and Tate "co-possessed" it after the fact. The refs fucked this up and have finally directly given the game away. No more screw ups that may or may not have impacted the final score- the refs gave it to Seattle, period.

8. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Tirico is not exactly a fan of the refs, eh?

9. InklingStar

Obviously I'm biased, but I don't see it as cut-and-dried as most do. And if it was the wrong call, well I'm happy to be on the positive side of that rather than the negative side. Aaron Rodgers (my fantasy QB three years running by the way) can go cry into his MVP trophies and Super Bowl ring tonight.

10. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Aaron Rodgers was a class act in the press conference.

I guess when I asked if you had a video or a picture I was hoping for something better than a blurry youtube clip from that moment in the game. Because this picture certainly makes it look like Jennings got there first:

[​IMG]

11. InklingStar

Several pundits on local radio are saying they think it should have been an interception too. Like I said though, even if it was a bad call I'm glad my team was on the winning side of it rather than the losing side.

I think the referees union just doubled their salary demands. And I think they'll get it now.

How about we talk about the eight first-half sacks? That was pretty cool.

12. SmoothieX

As a Pats fan, I'm just glad this will trump Belichick grabbing a ref.

13. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

That was the most fucking awful end to an NFL game ever. I was rooting for the Seahawks all the way - Russell Wilson and their defense were brilliant, but that was just an inexcusably bad call at the end. One of the Monday Night crew said it right, Russell Wilson is the first QB to throw a game-winning interception. ESPN was playing merry hell with the League's reputation afterwards - Young, Dilfer, and Tirico especially - and I loved every minute. The NFL has got to get the real refs back

Good choices for anti-rooting! :techman:

14. SmoothieX

Offensive pass interference anyone?

15. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What's the current Vegas odds on tonight's head official needing to change his name and move to Siberia?

16. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow. I can't believe the Packers got reamed like that. I know I'm biased (as a Packer fan), but that last call was bullshit. The sad thing is, calls like that have affected many games- it's just the timing of this one that makes it stand out.

Go Pack Go!

Edited to add: I'm pretty sure when I sober up I'll be even more pissed off.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  17. SmoothieX

I had my issues last night, so I can feel your pain tonight.

As a guy just watching some football, I think GB got jobbed.

I picked Pack over Pats for the SB. Now we're both a couple of sorry 1-2 fans.

18. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm completely biased against the Packers (it's in my blood as a Chicagoan) but DAMN if they didn't get completely fucked by the refs even after a review. If that debacle doesn't get the real refs in by next week, it's going to take nothing short of a walkout by the players to get something done.

19. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

I gotta think the bookies in Vegas (and elsewhere) are hating this.

20. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The refs totally buttfucked the Packers without lube. I take back every evil thought I had for NFL refs...they leagues better than these asswipes. Replacement refs suck ass. I'm not even a Packers fan and I think it sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.