The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

And so it begins. [​IMG]

2. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Wow! That is totally disturbing.

3. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

"Hide your kids, hide your wife and hide you husband 'cause they eatin' everybody out here!"

4. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All kids do. But the writers could show that without making the kid into such a useless little bastard.

I've watched a playthrough. It actually looks pretty interesting. An old style point and click adventure featuring mostly original characters. Plan on picking it up when I have a little spare cash.

5. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

'The Walking Dead': Deleted scene from original season 2 opening reveals abandoned storyline -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO

• In this exclusive clip following Shane’s rescue, we see the survivors trying to seek shelter with some familiar faces from season 1— Guillermo and the Vatos. But when Rick and Co. arrive back at the nursing home where Glenn was once held hostage, well…the people they find there are not people at all, setting off a frenzied attack. Click on the video player below to see for yourself.

And to see what happens when they go inside the building, as well as to hear showrunner Glen Mazzara’s very candid commentary on why the entire escape from Atlanta storyline was cut, check out the set when it is released on August 28.

Looks like they got that nasty surprise pretty quickly, after all... :(

6. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

This kind of made local celebrity news here in Atlanta. Apparently Scott Walker in real life isn't that different than his character, Herschel.

Atlanta Business Chronicle

7. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Oh dude. Why would you mess up your twilight years like that? You've got a job on a great show....everything's just too good? Sorry--alcoholics confound me. They're just compelled to destroy themselves and everything good in their lives.

8. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Well, a) doesn't mean he's an alcoholic, a lot of people do stupid shit like that, though most of them tend to be a bit younger when they do, and b) it's not like alcoholics (or addicts of any kind) have much of a say in the matter.

9. DarthTom

:techman:
    Meh, that's kind of harsh. Dick Cheney, former VP of the United States had 2 DUI's, and GW Bush had one.

Besides, hasn't hurt among many other celebrities like Keifer Sutherland who also has a DUI their career.

Dumb yes, dangerous yes. A mistake that many have made.

10. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Scott Walker?

11. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Except to go to AA.

12. DarthTom

Opps, Wilson. GA state law requires anyone convicted of a DUI to spend a minimum of 72 hours in jail. So Herschel is going to the real jail for at least 3 days dependent on how much time he spend in the local jail.

13. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

If it were that easy I wonder why there still are alcoholics. And it's not because they don't want to stop, 99% of all addicts come to that point and that's the problem with addiction. You think "I have to stop, this is killing me, I know it! I need help! ...just one more.".

14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Must be a method actor.

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

If this was LOST his character would immediately be killed off after the DUI! :rommie:

16. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Didn't Daniel Dae Kim, Matt Fox or Naveen Andrews also get one, even earlier than Michelle

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Matthew Fox got his DUI after the show was over.

Not everyone got fired after a traffic violation, but many of them did. Not sure why the LOST cast had so many problems with that.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/25/lost-dui-curse-daniel-dae-kim-busted/

18. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can totally picture him in a PT Cruiser.

19. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't understand alcoholics. I know their lives are different, so there's no one road to becoming an alcoholic, but some are puzzling. I mean, if you come from a family of alcoholics and you yourself have the opportunity to see the problems caused and the frame of mind to not follow, then why at some point do you follow? I heard one person say just this--their entire family were alcoholics, ye they themselves never touched it precisely because of what they experienced.

Is this too rational and most people, stuck with whatever problems are befalling them, cannot help but fall into the same trap?

In a similar vein, my family is STUPID (I mean it: stupid and in denial) about money and not thinking about consequences, yet I'm the one who's considered to be "over-thinking" about things--yet I don't have their self-caused economic crises, precisely because I looked at them and decided, "oh hell no."

20. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

If a person grows up with that environment as "normal", then he may not perceive it as a problem.

Or, he may simply wind up following the patterns he was raised with because they're ingrained into him. Even if he knows better. Imagine how many times people say, "I'm never going to be like my parents!" and they turn out just the same anyway. It's hard to get away from your programming.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012