Linking Cryptic to PWE

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Eckauskas, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Eckauskas

Eckauskas Commander Red Shirt

Does anyone know how you actually do this?

Before this descends into a debate about the pros/cons, can someone just tell me how it's done? Google has been of no use to me at all.

I can't access my STO account because it won't let me select Cryptic.

Anyone able to help me?

2. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

You only need to register for a new PWE account if you don't have an existing Cryptic account.

I'm assuming you're having trouble at the "Download Now/Register" page in the STO website? Just ignore the registration stuff, leave the registration form blank and click the "Download Now" button to download the game installer. Once the game is installed, the login page will allow you to directly enter the game with your cryptic username and password.

3. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you already nhave a Cryptic account - but the STO Launcher won't let you select Cryptic - it may be because you have Java scripts disabled frpm running in your Internet Browser setup (yes, the launcher doesn't use your browser directly; but it dose make use of some of the APIs and security serrings that affect them.

The STO Associate Producer ZeroniusRex (she used to be a part of QA) posted steps on how to get the ability to select between Cryptic/PWE back on the Laiuncher:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=3956240#post3956240

and an alternate method here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=3956029#post3956029

Hope it helps.

4. Eckauskas

Eckauskas Commander Red Shirt

Cheers guys, I ended up being able to select Cryptic the next day.

Anyone able to tell me what gameplay is like right now? I patched, but didn't actually go in-game. Is the place heaving with newbies?

5. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Most definitely yes.

What I did find interesting was that on day 1, I saw very classic Trek-style ship names like Independence, Endurance, Victory, Titan, Eureka, Hawking, Phoenix, etc.. I can really tell these are trekkers or trekkies.

On day 2 however, ship names just went everywhere. :lol:

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

There is a warning that you get one shot to link your Cryptic account to PWE and if you decline, you'll never have the chance again. Not sure that pertains to your situation (hope not). If this is your case, I recommend submitting a ticket to PWE. Sorry, I didn't have better advice for you.