Piranha 3-D the sequel: Piranha 3-DD

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Surprised we didn't do a 'grade/review' thread on this when it came out back in August.
    link

I admit, I saw it for all the cheesy goodness it contained. Suffice to say I didn't go for plot, we all get in those moods and have our guilty pleasures. So, if this type creature-feature is your thing and you liked P:3-D more is coming.

Piranha 3-DD
    Double D, nice way to have fun with the title. Especially when you follow this.
    [​IMG]

So who did see this? Do you want more of the same? Are these even related to the prior two films, meaning would a box set contain 4 films.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012
  2. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

I did not see the movie, won't see the sequel, but I will give them a laughing thumbs up for the sequel title. :techman:

3. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

3-DD. :lol: Nice.

I saw Piranha 3D. I should probably be embarrassed to say that, but the whole movie was just so shamelessly, gleefully lowbrow that you couldn't help but enjoy it.

The severed-penis gag was an especially nice touch, and one of the few really effective uses of 3-D in the film.

Sounds like they're making the sequel in the same spirit.

To answer the OP's question: I'm pretty sure the new film is unrelated to the first two, though I haven't actually seen Piranha II: The Spawning.

4. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I saw it. Probably one of the most ridiculously goriest movies I've seen on a while, but I enjoyed it for what it was. Feast was ok and I remember the season of project greenlight that John Gulager was on for that movie, but yeah P:3DD will probably just be more of the same. I wonder if they'll also call this The Spawning.

5. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

I actually saw the first one in the theatres, my wife begged me to go. It wasn't bad for what it was, a carbon-copy clone of every 80s man vs. nature disaster movie ever made. Lots of T&A, people doing stupid things, and lots of gore. Jerry O'C. plays a real douche-bag in the movie, and I've had a crush on Elizabeth Shue since Adventures in Babysitting. It moved along well enough, though there was really only one or two major "gore" scenes.
    The big one when they all got attacked at the beach and everyone was being hauled out of the water with pieces of them missing, the girl who got pulled in two by the men carrying her and promptly expired, the dick gag.

The underwater scene with the two naked girls under the glass boat wasn't too bad in 3D either. :techman:

6. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ooops, this thread just reminded me I should finish watching this movie. I started watching 2 days ago, had to stop at some point near the end and then forgot about it.

It's a crap movie, much more gore than I expected. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it at a theater and i won't pay to see a sequel either. Maybe rent it if I'm bored enough.

7. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

Aw, it was fun. The theater experience made it so much better, too. The audience reactions were great.

The experience of cinema (even the bad kind) is lost on the current generation of torrent-hoarding, entitled assholes.

And they'd all better stay off my lawn.

8. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Putting salvor on blast eh?

9. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess that means they need to sign Diora Baird.

10. Spaceman Spiff

Yes. Yes they do.

11. Goliath

:rommie: Absolutely.

12. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Not even James Cameron was able to do a watchable movie about Piranhas, so how do you expect me to watch something like this?

13. Goliath

With a big bag of popcorn, and a large soda?

14. Spaceman Spiff

:techman:

15. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Tara Reid joins the cast of the sequel as the script undergoes a polishing treatment.

16. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

The girl not even Uwe Boll would cast again. ;)

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ It's sort of a two-way street with Boll. Once you've worked with him one time, you're not gonna go back another time unless you're desperate for work (like Michael Pare or Kristanna Loken, although the latter wouldn't make BloodRayne sequels, so maybe that's splitting the difference). Hell, Dolph Lundgren just made In the Name of a King 2 with Boll and from the sounds of things he doesn't think of the movie as much more than a paycheck.

18. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had reservations about the movie but found it pretty funny. I would watch the sequel for $1.

19. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

She probably signed a "Tits or GTFO" kind of contract.

20. OsmiumJohnnycake

OsmiumJohnnycake Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought the original was okay, the sequel was terrible (although I guess this is where Cameron met Lance Henriksen so I should be thankful for that), the 90s remake was dull and last year's 3D remake was more watchable than the last two but that isn't saying much. That said, I'll see the new one since I watch a ton of horror films.