True Blood SEASON 7

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by teacake, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

I totally agree with both of your posts.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wrapped up Sam's story in an anticlimactic manner, look what they did to Tara. Yeeesh. She deserved so much better. I am glad to see Jessica and Hoyt back together as well.

So. More Eric and Pam next week. Less Sookie, and the true death for Bill. Anyone with me?

2. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

It is really disappointing how they've treated Sam this entire season. At one point he was probably the most interesting character on the show, then they flushed him down the toilet for reasons I can't even begin to comprehend.

Of course, they did that with several of the other characters, too. So I guess it shouldn't be that shocking. Though it still is.

My guess is that Bill is going to be cured of vampirism altogether (the Hep-V symptoms being a red-herring as the virus-mutated faerie blood does its magic), so he and Sookie can have their "happy ending." Which I'll hate with a seething passion no matter how it happens. God, I wish those two had died early on in the show.

I also have a feeling that Eric is going to go out in a blaze of glory, sacrificing himself not only for Pam, but to make sure the real cure for Hep-V gets out to the world. Fuck the Yaks. Well, fuck the True Blood Yaks, cause calling those characters Yakuza is an insult, criminals or not.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Your horrible scenario Mister Fandango seems only too likely :(

4. Mister Fandango

5. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jessica and Hoyt has been the highlight of the season. I always thought that was the best romance on TV. That whole Jason/Jessica/Hoyt crap never was any good in my opinion. This has been a pretty good season overall except for the Tara stuff and the entire episode they wasted at that party.

6. teacake

Of course Eric can't die because already almost died him as the season 6 finale when he burned up in the snow and you wouldn't almost do that and then one season later do it because that would be lame.

OH GOD ERIC IS GOING TO DIE

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I'm anticipating domestic bliss for Pam and Eric. And everyone.

That's for sure. :(

8. teacake

I bet we get a call about Sam's baby being born which magically bookends a glimpse into the future when the super-cured Bill and Sookie are gazing into the bundle of non-void joy they have just brought into the world.

:barf:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  9. Shanndee

Argh! My eyes! How do I un-see the horrors you have all described?

Oh well. I knew this would happen. I will cherish old episodes of the show (Hubby still (mis)quotes the episode where Pam and Eric end up with Arlene's kids. Whenever he sees cute little siblings he'll say "Teacup humans. They look delicious").

I can pretend this season didn't really happen. I did this with Dexter. In my mind it finished with the season 4 finale, cementing its place in my memory as a great show.

True Blood can exist for mr in the same fashion.

Still (unrealistically) hoping for the true death for Bill and much less Sookie.

10. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Every time Eric and Pam stand in a room for more than ten seconds while no more than five completely human watered-down Fast & Furious Yakuza intimidate them into submission, I flip the TV the bird in disgust. Fully powered Eric should be able to run them all through in a second before they can even react. And when did Pam become completely useless? Every time the camera cuts away for a minute she seems to be captured and in peril from these guys.

Oh, and remember how they made a point of showing how the one Yakuza henchman spoke English with Sookie in the previous episode but now has completely forgotten that he speaks English with Pam in the very next episode? Yeah.

11. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I give this a 95% chance of happening. I don't think Eric will die, however, but I do think he'll "disappear" and his fate will be left untold. In the spirit of gag-me endings, perhaps he'll say something like "I will watch over and protect you, Bill and Sookie." Ugh.

Then again, maybe Alan Ball will just redo his Six Feet Under ending with a montage showing all the characters meeting the True Death over the course of centuries.... the last one being either Sam's or Sookie/Bill's son/daughter.

12. teacake

That would be okay especially if Eric still being Eric in what was notably hundreds of years into our future :lol:

13. RJDiogenes

Eric and Pam move to a remote, uninhabited planet far from Earth where they live an idyllic existence-- until Captain Kirk happens by, and then they are doomed.

14. teacake

But not before Kirk boffed Pam.

15. RJDiogenes

"She's true dead, Jim."

"PAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!"

16. teacake

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

You know we really missed out with TOS being in that decade. I would have loved to have seen them pair Kirk with a woman like Lwaxana or Pam.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  17. teacake

It just hit me with the final upon us, will they be tying in the scenes of Bill as Underground Railroad Hero? Will there be some parallel? I'm thinking Bill gets cured and then when just about to fall into Sookie's arms he pushes her away.. "no Sookie. I must not. So many others still need the True cure. I can no more stay with you and satisfy my carnal needs then I could turn my face from those who were oppressed and seek the homefires over their salvation." Stirring music.

Either there will be a parallel or we will hear nothing of it. IF there is a parallel it will be totally lame, a lame idea foisted upon us. But if there isn't it will be even worse because it means we endured those sepia bullshit scenes and it wasn't even someone's good idea at the time, it was just filler. Filler to make us feel MORE BAD that Bill was maybe gonna die.

18. Shanndee

I am in turns bitter about or amused by the mechanisms show runners will try to pull to "make" the audience feel something for the characters that they feel are the important ones. It is almost like they are offended when the audience embraces characters that were meant to be background and/or villains.

Show runners did the same thing with "Lost". They bent over backwards and jumped through hoops to try to get us to care about Jack and Kate when the story resided in every character other than those two. In "True Blood" I am drawn to Pam and Eric and several of the supporting characters. I hate Bill and actively dislike Sookie. Yet somehow the people in charge thing they can change my mind by feeding me needless filler.

Not sure whether I am bitter or amused at this moment.

19. teacake

Totally agree Shanndee! As to Lost, Jack and Kate made me want to abandon that (in retrospect very stupid) show, I could not stand them they were so.. NOTHING. Just big nothings. All I wanted to do was laugh at Sawyer's assholness and puzzle over Locke and enjoy Hurley. But Jack (for whom I cannot think of a single personality trait) and Kate who was totally unbelievable as a bad girl filled up the hours.

20. Mister Fandango

Thank God at least one of them died. I was *really* getting worried that I was right about Bill.

I am a little confused about the Tara storyline though. What was that all about and how was it resolved?