The Night Crew

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JonathonWally, Sep 2, 2008.

1. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Both Rojo and Gep brought this up in another thread, and you know what? I think it's a great idea. Since I'm also around late at night/early early morning, and I'm sure a few other posters are as well. There's nothing worse than being up and looking for a conversation to jump into and hang out but to see that there aren't many threads to cater to that.

So here it is. The Night Crew

Anyone else checking in tonight?

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

It's 8:16am here. :p

3. JonathonWally

Well, I did say early early mornings :p

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

2:18AM

Helloooooooooo.

I got off work at 11pm, and I have to be back at 9am. I am considering pulling an all-nighter, maybe going to the gym when it opens at 5am.

Right now, I am watching Season 4 of Babylon 5.

5. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

It's only 5:20pm here.

I just got back from a short bike ride. Thinking about playing my cricket game, while checking what is happening here at the board.

6. JonathonWally

Good choice! Season 2-4 are the best of the series imo. After I take a shower and run to the store, I'm gonna need something to watch too. Unless I just keep the music goin.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Several months ago, I watched the whole series for the first time.

Then I watched Torchwood Season 1, which was okay.

Without anything else to watch, I decided to go back and do Babylon 5 again. I love it a lot more the second time around. There is so much going on that you don't realize the first time through.

8. PlainSimpleJoel

Season 2 of Torchwood is much better ... but Doctor Who is even better than Torchwood.

9. JonathonWally

I haven't caught any of Torchwood yet. I heard bad things about it during it's 1st season, so I put it at the bottom of the list of things to watch. Right now I'm going through Dark Angel for the first time, really liking it so far, but I'm only a few episodes in.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

My best friend just returned from a year in China. He bought me the first 3 seasons of Doctor Who (for a dollar...gotta love China), which I plan to start soon. I've seen a lot of random episodes on SciFi, and I think it's great, but I definitely can't wait to see it all from start to finish.

11. grabmygoblin

grabmygoblin Commodore Commodore

3:27 am, better log off pretty soon here.

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well I work evenings, stay up late and wake up whenever I feel like it, and since it is late night where I am, I guess I'm game.

Sleep all day. Party all night. Never grow old. Never die.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

^I work nights every night but Tuesday. Tuesdays I work early in the morning, so Monday night is always up in the air for me. I can either attempt to go to bed so that I am rested for work, or I can go out and go to work hungover, or I can just dick around and maybe squeeze in a nap.

14. Ohappydagger

Ohappydagger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But it's always night somewhere. :lol:

Yeah I work nights, so when I'm not working I'm usually up all night, or else I wake up in the ungodly predawn hours and sit about zombielike while everyone else is sleeping.

15. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

12:37 am here, and I'll be around even later. :D So...who brought potato chips?

And got roundly reprimanded by T'Bonz for the discussion, I might add. :p Fortunately, I now have a chance to respond: look, old lady, it's the middle of the night. We're bored and lonely and a social life doesn't happen to us night owls that often. When one does break out of its own accord, we'll spam where we like, when we like, 'cause we deserve it!

There. That oughta get me permabanned. :D :p

16. JonathonWally

Count me as another working the night shift. I wouldn't have it any other way though. I'm at my best during the night. And on nights I have off or get to be on call from home, there's not a whole lot to do and the board is usually pretty dead.

17. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

12:38am here. I *really* should get to bed but I'm still wired from the coffee date I had earlier tonight. Oh well.

I like the idea of a night crew though. Suckiest part about moving to California was realizing that I'd be three hours behind everyone I knew back home and thus still awake long after most of them would have gone to bed. :(

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

:lol:

You rock my world.

19. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

...in bed. *snaps fingers* :cool:

20. PlainSimpleJoel

Even so - that isn't an excuse to spam MA. :rolleyes:

Here some chips.