Redemption Screening?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by otomo, Aug 14, 2013.

1. otomo

otomo Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Are they, or did they do a redemption theatrical screening like they did best of both worlds? Sorry if i'm already late to the party here, but that was super fun the last time, was hoping for more.

2. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No theatrical screening of Redemption occurred. It looks like there will be no more theatrical screenings or individual episode releases, since nothing was announced with season 5.

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I think we've seen the last of the promotional screenings, though I hopefully wait for All Good Things.

4. Chensams

Chensams Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder why they didn't do one. Did BOBW lose money? The one I went to was about a third to half full so I'm not sure if it made money or not. Perhaps TPTB feel the marketing expense is too high or perhaps unneeded now.

Here's hoping there is one for All Good Things though.

5. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

These events were about promotion, not making money. Any profits were donated to charity.

6. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

If I had to make a very speculative guess, I would say that Paramount threw a red flag at CBS' direction in saying that they couldn't show Star Trek theatrically since that somehow creates conflict with their "theatrical" rights to the franchise.... or some other mumbo jumbo. I saw the screening in Greenville, SC and the theater was packed. Literally packed. If Greenville had a packed theater, I'm certain that the BOBW showing was a huge success. I just cannot see why there would be any other reason for CBS to not have more screenings.

7. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

It was also packed here in Tucson, AZ. Helluva audience. :)

8. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was packed in a little town called College Station, Texas too. They made money, I'm dang sure.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'm glad they were able to show BOBW before stopping. Hoping they will do more in the future though. :)

10. otomo

otomo Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

It was packed where I was at as well. That's too bad they were stopped. Bummer!