Trek XI/ID sound effects.

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by OpenMaw, May 30, 2013.

1. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm not 100% on where this should go, so I figured i'd put it here since it has a semi-connection to fan productions.

I'm trying to create a library of sound effects from Trek XI. I've managed to get some of them. I'm still missing a few though:

Tricorder
    Communicator (Both the "receiving message" and "dee-dee-dee-deet" noises. In XI the noise is always covered by a lot of ambient noise.)
    Photon Torpedo firing

I was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to procure some of these? I've been able to pull some out of Trek XI, and found some via other sources (The ship 'tour' thing had a few sounds attached with it.)

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I suspect many can be recorded from Star Trek: The Video Game. There are a TON of videos of it on youtube, walkthoughs etc. You may find what you want there.

3. OpenMaw

That's not a bad idea, actually. I was fiddling with the notion, and was able to pull some of the RAW wave files out of the game itself, unfortunately the tools required to do it are rather patchwork, and I don't think it's doing it 100% properly. The waves don't want to play in anything. Damn shame, too, because these are essentially the original film sounds in high quality.

4. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Is it too much to wonder if there's any chance this library will be made available to other fans?

5. OpenMaw

Certainly! I've seen many requests for things like ring tones or themes for computers and such. So i'd be more than happy to do that once it's complete. :)

6. doubleohfive

Thanks! Much appreciated! :)

7. igrokbok

igrokbok Commodore Commodore

Don't forget the 2009 Playmates role-playing toys...the tricorder, phaser and communincator all feature sound FX from the movies.

8. doubleohfive

Gonna go ahead and risk necro'ing this thread to inquire if anyone ever tracked down these sound effects?