Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captcalhoun, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Probably a renewed hope in the US thanks to Cap.

Also when Hammer Industries got the Mark 2, they named it "War Machine" Not something the Air force probably wants for PR purposes.

So out comes the "Iron Patriot". It's basically an armored version of Captain America the air force can use for PR and special missions

Now I want to see Iron Patriot do a song and dance :P

Every bond you buy is a bullet in the barrel of your best guy's gun!

2. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    He's the star spangled man
    In a can
    !

3. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Looking at it - how could they not mention it?

4. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

The Mandarin substituted the symbol for anarchy in place of the star on Cap's shield.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Yminale

Yminale Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Has that been confirmed since I thought they were going to add new characters to Avengers 2 (Scarlet Witch, Ms. Marvel, The Vision)

6. Yminale

What a villain can't be a Capt. American fanboy :rofl:. That would actually make Mandarin pretty interesting

7. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Downey, Jr.'s contract runs out with Iron Man 3 and he hasn't yet been signed for The Avengers 2, but I guarantee he'll be part of it, even if Disney needs to pay him with a gold-plated F-16. He's the biggest name of the cast and he was the center of the marketing efforts for The Avengers.

8. Samurai8472

The "phase 2" solo movies are all expected to be apart of " the avengers 2"

Iron man 3

Thor 2: the dark world

Captain America: the winter soldier

9. Yminale

That's a pity since it would give the movie real weight if Tony's status is uncertain.

10. Timby

There's no way they'd ever kill off Tony Stark. This is the Marvel Cinematic Universe -- every single one of the movies thus far has been the epitome of "playing it safe." When Downey, Jr., decides that he's done with the role, it'll be re-cast; Kevin Feige has said as much.

11. Yminale

But Marvel also kills of characters and then brings them back. Sure we are all use to the schtick (though I really thought Cap was dead after Civil War) but movie goer aren't so sophisticated.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The only way we'll stop seeing Tony Stark in the MCU is when the movies stop making money and they cease production. Iron Man is by far the most popular character in the MCU. Killing him off won't spur interest in moviegoers, it will drive them away.

13. Timby

Exactly, which is why none of the heroes will ever be killed. These films play it safe to an almost insulting degree.

The Marvel movies, especially The Avengers, are sandbox movies. For example, playing with action figures in the sandbox, you'd have Thor fight Iron Man for no reason other than you thought it'd be cool. There is no way in hell that Disney would ever give the green light to knocking off Tony Stark, especially given that the character's movies make the most money of any individual character.

14. Yminale

I agree with you but since Iron Man is in Avengers 2 why can't Tony be "killed" in Iron Man 3 and come back in Avengers 2.

15. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I'm sorry...what?:wtf:

It's insulting to not kill of the hero of any of the films in the franchise? You're gonna have to explain that one. This is a superhero story. The good guys win, the bad guys lose. That's the way it works. That's the way it has always worked. That's the way it will always work.

16. Yminale

In "Watchmen" the bad guys win and that's one of the all time great superhero story. In "V for Vendetta", the hero V dies and it's debatable if anyone really wins in the end.

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I've heard that Downey Jr's contract has an option for Avengers 2, but nevertheless, he will be signed. He is the most recognizable face and the centerpiece of what is currently the most successful movie franchise currently in production.

Also-- Guardians of the Galaxy.

18. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

RDJ I think has expressed interest and willingness to continue playing Stark/Iron Man.

19. Samurai8472

He clearly loves the role. It brought him back into the world.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4OHn77YNZI[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-UlLuK22DQ[/YT]

20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

His career was slowly on the rise around that time but Iron Man very much put him back on the map, center stage, and gave him more exposure than he's ever had before (in a positive light, that is.) Not to mention it being his first Blockbuster movie.