‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

And seeing as you also wrote the novelisation of the last Batman movie, I'm inclined to trust your judgement. (Though I also liked DD and was also in the pro-Affleck camp anyway)

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah if they DO go for the black armor again, I hope they at least make it more along the lines of the Batman Returns armor-- something that was slick and cool and had some actual style to it.

Unlike the Nolan suits, which were either overly thick and rubbery, or so segmented and overly utilitarian that it didn't even look like a superhero costume anymore.

3. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

One thing that Affleck does have going for him is that he knows the character from the comic books. He's actually read them and not just says he has.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Affleck wouldn't be my first choice (personally, I was a fan of Josh Brolin or Jon Hamm), but I think he's a good actor who can probably be a pretty good Batman.

5. Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley Commander

I just found this online.

[​IMG]

6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Agreed, the Tumbler was too much of a tank, same as you I want a cool car.

7. Trekker4747

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Its going to be a Prius.

9. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I was very disappointed with the Tumbler. Yup, it was nothing more than a tank.

10. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

And (ahem) the last Superman film. :)

11. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This actually means we can't trust him on anything, as he'll be trying to shill his services for every movie? ;)

12. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I actually forgot about that! Sorry!

13. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

14. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ok, I have no idea how acurate a site cosmicbooknews.com is, but I figured I'd post this article anyway.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/co...erman-matt-damon-aquaman-mark-strong-sinestro

Even if this isn't true, and thats very possible, its an interesting idea that I'd never considered. I've never seen Breaking Bad (I only really know Cranston from malcom in the Middle and various cameos on shows like Seinfeld), but I think bald Bryan cranston could look like Luthor (if you got rid of the goatee and glasses from the pics I've seen of him bald in breaking bad) plus he's always seemed like a decent actor.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  15. Trekker4747

It's just really sad how much Marvel has their shit together when it comes to the movie adaptations of their heroes. And DC is flailing about like a kid learning to swim.

As a DC fan, I really want to see the very best of these characters and Man of Steel, well, left me a bit cold.

Linkara did a "review" of it which mostly him ranting but he points something out that I think makes the point clearly, there's a shot in Avengers where the camera pans around our heroes readying for the next round of their battle. The music is loud and bombastic, the colors bright and vivid these LOOK like heroes and they're about to reveal all of their splendor to the world in all of their awesome. Superman vastly lacked that.

And here we have Ben Affleck as Batman which is just a damn odd choice really. Maybe his acting is better as I've not seen him in anything recent but when I think of, say, Armageddon when he's "crying" and shouting by showing off his teeth-whitening I just cringe. Really the only things I've liked him in were directed by Kevin Smith.

He could end up surprising us, many are saying that the same things now are being said about Affleck as was being said about Ledger; but to that I say Ledger had a bit better track record and weight than Affleck has. Affleck has a lot of shit in his past that has to be overcome.

I just... I just don't know how this will go but with Snyder I'm not too hopeful.

Usually not *too* reliable but not exactly unreliable either. If true, could be very interesting casting indeed.

16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Good. That's about the last thing I want to see.

17. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Ledger was good. Craig is too ugly and unrefined for Bond, though he nails the physicality. And the Star Trek reboot was crap.
    If financial success denotes high quality, Brittainy Spears is the pinnacle of musical achievement.

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

People might want to stop judging him by work he did over a decade ago. Some of his more recent work has been well received and award nominated.

19. Nagisa Furukawa

Nagisa Furukawa Commander Red Shirt

Why watch a damn Superman film then?!?!

20. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought he was a little bland, but adequate on the whole. And I do like the film, though Garner bugs me a bit. Duncan and Farrell steal the show.
    Still, Daredevil is not Batman. Miller maintains that the difference is that Batman is insane; I disagree. The difference is that Batman is BIG, imposing. Dominates any room he's in, be it as Bruce Wayne or as Batman. The Nolan films notwithstanding, Wayne is not some weird recluse. One thing that really impressed me with Keaton's portrayal was that his Bruce Wayne seemed like a competent businessman, surprisingly.
    West was still the best Wayne, followed closely by Clooney.