How is Janeway sexy? (Part II)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Adm_Hawthorne, Oct 24, 2011.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's to repeats!

[​IMG]

The BAMF version...

[​IMG]

The A/U Version...

[​IMG]

The Fantasy version...

[​IMG]

The Real Life version...

2. Adm_Hawthorne

Adm_Hawthorne Admiral Admiral

Older women have more experience = good :techman:

3. JanewayRulz!

Older women... even Seven eschews the Admiral at 3:00 here... for the "younger" Captain. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0VQuNsnlNc

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0VQuNsnlNc[/yt]

I dunno, Admiral... I still remember how I felt :thumbdown: as a young teen when I realized Paul Newman (starring in "The Sting" at the time) was older than my FATHER! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lY92P-bSl0

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lY92P-bSl0[/yt]

Star Trek Voyager meets ragtime music... at Thanksgiving. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBsU-g1tk6c

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBsU-g1tk6c[/yt]

4. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Some more pictures of Janeway, I really like that last one. The lighting really does her features some justice...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Adm_Hawthorne

Adm_Hawthorne Admiral Admiral

Is that last one from The Haunting of Deck 12?

6. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm with yall on this one. Kira was vibrant and quite beautiful. I never understood why or how Janeway has such a huge following of people who find her attractive. She certainly doesn't really do it for me. Half of that's the voice that sounds like she's smoked all her life, the other half would be the character herself just so often rubs me the wrong way. But whatever makes the fans happy.

7. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yep!

8. JanewayRulz!

9. BirdInJetstream

BirdInJetstream Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

After reading the whole thread (I+II [yes I did it and it took me weeks!]) I decided to join. Its wonderful that I am not the only one who is in love with Janeway (for about 16 years now). As much as I love all my friends and family, I feel that this is something I can not share with them. Which is a bit sad. But luckily I found you guys! Thanks for all the pictures and contributions so far...

10. DAYoung

DAYoung Commander Red Shirt

Janeway's charisma alone is enough to make intelligent, good-looking and discriminating people join the Trek BBS.

QED.

11. Sumghai

Sumghai Lieutenant Red Shirt

If it's not her her confidence, husky smoker's voice and that Bun of Steel, then I don't know what else it is that does it for me.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  12. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

The way she touches you on the arm..

13. DAYoung

DAYoung Commander Red Shirt

Nice one, Teacake. This thread is now about photos of Janeway touching arms.

Go.

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

So anything you can pick a pencil up with and write your name with qualifies as an arm?

(I may have dozens of arms.)

15. JanewayRulz!

16. JanewayRulz!

In my best Captain Sulu voice... "Impressive."

Hi, my name is JanewayRulz!, and I'm a Janeway-a-holic. Welcome!

17. BirdInJetstream

Thanks a lot.

I just noticed that I haven't given any statement toward Janeway's sexiness, yet. (Although my remark about being in love with her for 16 years is pretty clear about that.)

First: I do not like the word sexy so much because its a bit superficial in my opinion. At first glance it refers to someone's appearance only. Of course it is the first thing that we notice about another person before we get to know her/him, but concerning Janeway I am already past the outer appearance for quite a while.

Judging from pictures only, she looks sexy on most of them, though not on all. Some are simply odd (if I was allowed to post one I would happily provide examples).

I think what makes her really irresistable for me is her personality. It is her passion and commitment to be there for her crew, to care for each single one of them, to be strong and never have doubts that she will bring them home, that she will save them. Its her greatest strength and her greatest vulnerability at the same time.
    I think this is also the trait that is uniquely Kate Mulgrew's link to Kathryn Janeway. Its truly her passion, her honesty that gives Janeway's character life. There is an openess, an open mindedness about both of them that touches something inside me.

Apart from the personality, I absolutely adore her hands+arms and her face, those high cheekbones and her gracefull neck :luvlove:. And her hair. But not always. I never know when it is really KM's hair and when it is not. :confused:

18. Violet.Phoenix

Violet.Phoenix Commander Red Shirt

You are awesome :bolian:

I agree with all that you say above, because Janeway is an incredibly passionate person about everything: her crew, her moral beliefs, science, etc. I think that's something that makes people so drawn to her character is how fiercely she cares for and about everything in her life.

I'm also with you on the word 'sexy', but I think that it can be attributed to more than just physical appearance. Many people classify confidence as being sexy, and Janeway certainly had an abundance of that!

And I'm with you on her hands and cheekbones; she has such a fantastic facial structure it's enviable! And in photos her face always looks gorgeous. Half the time I wonder why Kate Mulgrew hasn't done more modeling.

As for her hair, I think it was hers from season 4 onwards when she went to the short bob. Before that I think it was a weave or extensions of some sort to make it longer.

Oh, and welcome to the realm of Janeway awesomeness :)

Vi

19. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNuNJMyM9kA&feature=em-uploademail[/yt]

If J/7 were a sport..

(wait, isn't it?)

20. BirdInJetstream

*Sigh...
    Except for the beginning of the very first season (and few exceptions in later episodes), when I still thought Chakotay had potential, I have never been into J/C shipping. Seven on the other hand... Much more interesting. Is anyone into J/Tuvok?