What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I finished Portal! The boss fight was fun. So, will the sequel feature more combat? An actual weapon perhaps? I must admit for the final few stages I absolutely had to consult a video walkthrough to advance... I'm not good at puzzle solving...

2. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

Well then it sounds llike you're gonna have your hands full in the next one, moving air currents and the like make it sound like the next one is gonna be much worse for complex problems.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I've begun playing Half Life 2, and I really don't see the love for this game. But it is what like 6 years old at this point? You spend the first thirty minutes of the game walking around following people before there's any action. And after that... feels pretty generic. And the levels are pretty confusing about where to go next even without the little obstacle puzzles...

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Holy crap I almost quit Half Life 2. That long, long, LONG level with the airboat? Good god. That's got to be the most awkward vehicle handling I've ever played in a video game. There was this one bit where you jump onto a circular pipe and have to stay on top of it to make the next jump... after 15 tries I was ready to throw the game away but I got it on the last try.

5. stalin2005

stalin2005 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ha, wait until you drive the car ;)

I love HL2 and the episodes. The beginning sets up the world beautifully and you're never taken out of the experience at any time.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I've got a week of holiday coming up, looking forward to play some skate. and StokEd on my 360.

Dude.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

OK I've now played half of Half Life 2 (I'm just started the Sand Traps level) and I'm just not enjoying it. I think I'm gonna quit and sell the game. I played Portal... I can't play TF2 b/c I'm not online... I don't like HL2... if I don't enjoy this would I want to play Episode 1 and 2? It's just gonna be more of the same right?

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ If you don't enjoy HL2, don't bother with the Episodes. I'm curious though, what aspects bother you? Did you enjoy the original HL?

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I've never played HL1. What I find annoying is how confusing the levels are, I never know where to go next. I have to constantly look at the walk through just to know where the hell I'm supposed to be going. And the vehicle stages are just horrible, the control scheme is so awkward. I don't play a lot of FPS but I guess I'm just spoiled with the Halo games.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I've been working through Mass Effect 2 again after taking a break for a few months. My first game was a Paragon Vanguard, so now I'm playing through as a Renegade Soldier.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I beat Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands over the weekend.

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

CoD: MW2 (Single Player Campaign).

Say what you will about that game, it is presented in a jaw-droppingly awesome manner.

13. darthraidr

darthraidr Commodore Commodore

Monday Night Combat. it's a 3rd person shooter version of DotA and it is awesome!

14. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just started Tomb Raider: Underworld. Am enjoying it so far, although it feels a bit buggy at times.

15. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

TR-Underworld is brilliant, it did come with a game stopping progress bug when i played it last year, i have no idea if its been patched by now....i don't want to spoil it for you as its a very random bug if it appears or not.

Anyway I'm back to LBP where i have spent the last week begging everybody and anybody for a H4H to get that create trophy.:lol:

Oh and i have also got my hands on Wii and a copy of Indy Jones Staff of Kings.....awesome game, and that coop part of it was just fantastic, from driving the tank to flying the by-plane....tremendous game....and a special nod to the guy doing the voice of Connery as Jones Snr, we have been bent over with laughter as the character climbs and jump while sounding like they are suffering from some very bad constipation, funny stuff.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I thought that Indy Staff of Kings game was universally panned by everyone?

17. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^Was it, i had no idea, I'm certainly enjoying it, OK its simplistic but at it heart its a bit of fun gaming, and the music is great, I'm sure i also heard music from The crystal skull in the game.

18. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Still enjoying blowing the crap out of the Nazis in The Saboteur. (I especially love hopping into a Panzer and going round blasting away at stuff...)

It's a damn shame that Pandemic went under just before this came out, because it really deserves an improved sequel, and I could see something similar to the way Assassin's Creed (which this most reminds me of) spawned the superior AC2.

19. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finished my first play through of DA: Awakenings last week. After someone here mentioned the freeware version of Star Control II I downloaded it and have been playing it. Managed to figure out how to win in SOTS as humans, so now I'm upping the size of maps, number of players and difficulty in various stages. Yet to try the other races.

Also playing through "The Simspons Game" on the PS3.

20. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm on a strategy kick at the moment, though it appears that I am seriously out of practice.

Currently, it's Starcraft 1, LOTR Battle for Middle Earth and C&C3.