Did B'Elanna die forever in Faces?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Guy Gardener, Jan 3, 2013.

?

Is she the same woman?

1. She might as well be the same woman.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. She is the same woman.

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. She is not the same woman.

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  4. It doesn't matter who this woman really is.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

By accident I mean.. not starfleet regulation event.

I can't remember. Which was the sexy half, the one with the teeth or the conscience?

2. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought that the human B'Elanna was still B'Ellanna without her Klingon DNA... But this episode is confusing because how could the Vidiian scientist create a fully Klingon B'Elanna when there's only enough DNA for one person?

3. teacake

Oh dear Ln X.. all you need is the idea of DNA to create multiple peoples.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

DNA is a blueprint, not bricks and mortar.

If he had to add... Oh my.

I said stem sells earlier.

But I didn't really think about what I was saying.

He didn't have access to additional human or Klingon infants... Unless he copied the pattern and folded it over? But before he split them, he would have cloned dozens of baby B'Elanna's and harvested them for stem cells and other junk matter to bolster the two half patterns. Fuck it, all they needed was to increase the gain. The problem with transporters is that they move all your energy through space and put it back together into "you" on the other side. If it's the same pieces then it still has to be you. First off just because the Doctor put her back together with a transporter it doesn't mean that the Vidiiian took her apart with a transporter, with all it's safety features to make sure that you don't gain alien mass or lose your shin bones in transit. I'm assuming the nature of this unseen device is that once it had a pattern, it did not give a shit where the energy to remake the body was from, which is they had enough mass to make two bodies.

Teacake, do you like your women to A. Hide some where dark and cry about how pathetic they are, or B. To crow and yelp about how fantastic and perfect they are in bed?

Which one was the sexy one?

The Klingon Half was just using the mad scientist's' penis against him.

It's doubtful she would have had sex with him, B'Elanna just wanted him to untie her, but he didn't have to untie her to have sex with the klingon girl, but she could easily still have killed him if even her arms and legs were bound, which they were.

Her argument was that Klingon women are so constantly horney that she doesn't care what he's done to her as long as he takes him pants off.

Hmm.

Unseen device?

Maybe that anomaly from Deadlock is more common than we first assumed? Maybe it's a landmine type weapon used by the Vidiians to fuck up their prey, and double their take.

5. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

But B'Elanna is only half and half of different species, my point is she doesn't have the entire genome of both species because half of her DNA comes from her father (and his sperm contains half of his DNA which is randomly selected), likewise half of her DNA comes from her mother (whose egg cells contain half of her DNA which is again randomly selected).

6. teacake

Yeah.. I was just doing the blah blah it's sci fi thing. Which doesn't really add anything so, carry on.

7. Guy Gardener

You might be mixing up dna, genes and chromosomes.

8. teacake

Into a pleasant soup?

9. Guy Gardener

At the end, did they extract what they needed from the klingon corpse and beam it into B'Elanna or did they beam the entire Corpse into her? I only ask because the Doctor keeps old corpses, and despite her abundant human traditionalism, Klingon tradition is that she doesn't give a shit about the corpse.

B'Elanna's corpse could have been in the draw between Caretaker's Corpse draw and Kes's corpse draw all along!

(How many bodies did he keep? Naomi certainly. Who else? They would have had to go fishing for Harry. Did he frost over or explode?)

Although if he had B'Elanna's mostly Klingon corpse in a draw, why did the Doctor feel the need to extract a chunk of B'Elanna's brain to feed his girlfriend? It couldn't be that fresh Klingon meat is "slightly" better than stale Klingon corpse meat? Surely the inconvenience of digging into a living person has to outweigh "slightly better"?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  10. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Be nice if there was at least one frakkin' happy ending in Trek. :)

11. Guy Gardener

Neelix had a happy ending.

He found the one woman in the universe who would frakk him.

What were the odds?

12. teacake

If Neelix stays there he will never see the sky again.

13. Guy Gardener

They take turns looking at the ceiling.

He's fine.

14. teacake

Well yes he is, he has everything he wanted. Family and usefulness and his people. It's sweet.

15. Guy Gardener

The political structure intrigues me.

However their previous leader was unceremoniously removed, how certain is Neelix of the crown he wears that they won't pass on his leadership to the next new kid on the block?

16. teacake

It will take them longer to get sick of him than of someone they've been trapped with for years. Then again, there will be those that always see him as an outsider.

17. Guy Gardener

Who took the good looking woman they're all been patiently waiting in line for until she got over her dead husband.

If it wasn't for Neelix skyping Seven in the final, I'd be mostly certain that he was dead.

18. teacake

What WERE they going to do with the limited space and the breeding?