Orphan Black first time viewer (please no spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Mar 20, 2014.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just watched the first couple episode of Orphan Black for the first time and I really enjoyed it. I had been hearing people rave about this show since it first premiered and finally decided to watch it. I can see why everybody loves it so much, it's great.

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Keep watching. The season gets better and better.

3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Enjoy the ride. If you come to the end of the season and Tatiana Maslany doesn't become your favorite actress, than you might be watching it wrong. ;)

I kid of course, but hopefully when all is said and done, I would love to know how you feel about the characters and where they are now on your rewatch to where they will be at the end of the season.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

After just the first couple I'm already starting to see why everyone loves her so much.

Do we start getting any answers about the clones' origins by the end of the season? Just a yes or no please, I don't want specifics.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

^Kind of... :lol:

And Felix gets hotter and hotter. :)

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

You are in for a TREAT!

And, yes. Felix.

7. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You'll get layers. Not the whole answer, but enough to get you wanting more.

You might want to write up in this thread your observations, and theories, and see if anything comes true, or if you notice something the rest of us didn't the 1st time.

... the thing to watch is Tatiana's acting, and how distinct she makes her characters.

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^Yes, very much so. You start to forget that all of the "clones" are the same actress. When Alison and Sarah are talking to each other, you completely believe that it's two separate people.

There are answers doled out as you go, and new questions, too.

9. bigdaddy

I never remember the clones are the same actress until I watch interviews and there are only three main characters on stage. :lol:

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'll be sure to post any more thoughts as I go along.
    One thing that caught me off guard was the sex/nudity. I didn't realize BBCA went that far content wise.
    I'm a huge Game of Thrones and True Blood fan, so obviously it doesn't bother me, I just wasn't expecting it.

11. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah...and i think it realy is NOT necessary. LOTS of great stuff without it. If anything, it'd be my one gripe...it's like mandatory that every episode has a sex scene.

12. bigdaddy

As someone who has a crush on Jordan Gavaris I'm really really fine with them. Makes the show feel more real and less... crappy.

13. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

The sex scenes taper off, I think it's all about !!SEX!! in the first ep of stuff now to grab attention.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

OK. Like I said before, I don't mind that stuff, but in shows GOT, True Blood, and Spartacus, it occasionally feels like they put that stuff in them just because they can, and not because it serves a purpose in the story. Glad to hear that isn't the case here.