TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

:eek: Oh, dang, I've been sigged!!! :eek:

2. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

My b-day is in January too. I'm on the 19th. What about you?

3. Phoenix83

Phoenix83 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi everyone. I'm a 22 year old from Long Island New York. I new to the board but have been a fan of TNG since I was 8 years old. I have my father to thank for that. He's been a fan of star trek and science fiction for a very long time. My favorite character is Riker. My favorite pairing from TNG is R/T. I love the Imzadi relationship. I was so happy when they finally let them get married. I also have a soft spot for the P/C relationship.

4. Winged Victory

Winged Victory Captain Captain

Welcome to the TNG forum, Phoenix83!

Well, I'd like to introduce myself as a 25 year old from MN who grew up on TNG. I actually don't remember the first episode I saw of TNG, because TNG has just always been there on TV. My little sister and I would watch it every night at 9pm. I've tried to get into other Treks but DS9 and Voyager were kind of brushed aside for a different passion of mine-"The X-Files."

I love TNG, especially for any P/C interaction, Picard's leadership/moralizing (I wish he was my boss!), and for the friendships/poker scenes (the chemistry between this cast is unmatched). TNG will always be special and the best to me.

5. mackillian

mackillian Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Holy crap, mine's the 9th. We're only ten days apart in age. o_O

winged victory, that's how I also ended up not watching DS9 or VOY...The X-Files. :D

6. Winged Victory

Winged Victory Captain Captain

^^Yeah, the X-Files stole away my teenage years I tell ya. That David Duchovny is such eye candy, I couldn't not watch it! Great shows, both of them, and since I have both on DVD , I need never watch TV again! ;)

7. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I got into X-Files and B5 myself. I watched a couple seasons of DS9, kidna gave up on it, then tuned back in when Worf showed up and they semi-relaunched it. I never really got into VOY.

Wow, so mac dare I ask which of the New England states are you in? That's where I am as well. I'm a Vermonter myself.

Edit - Duh, nevermind. You already know I'm a Vermonter from the "Who here fences?" thread.

8. Gold Grizzly

Gold Grizzly Vice Admiral Admiral

*Returns wave*

Hi there! Now, where is shivkala hiding? ;)

9. May 20

May 20 Consumer of cookies and milk Premium Member

Thanks, Scatta. I consider my kids to be rather adorable. :p It's my duty to protect them from whatever dangers lurk in the shadows. And the internet is still rather shadowy.

My kids have seen several episodes of TNG, especially the ones that feature children or are not violent. I watched *a lot* of Trek in the last trimester of my pregnancy with DD, so she seems to have an innate affinity for the shows. :D As they mature, I intend to expose them to more Trek.

10. Gold Grizzly

Gold Grizzly Vice Admiral Admiral

I shall be expecting two new TNG fans to be joining in about a 10-15 years, then! ;)

11. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

If you're still a mod here in fifteen years... :p

12. mackillian

mackillian Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm in New Hampshire. Grew up in the Lakes Region (for the most part), went to college in Manchester and stayed around here for my work.

I miss the lakes, though. :(

13. Scatta

Scatta Commodore Commodore

May 20 How old are they, if you don't mind my asking that much?

14. Plainsong

Plainsong Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I introduced myself in a controversial TOS thread, but the story I told was a true one.

I'm 30, I'm from Charleston, SC. I met this Finnish guy online while back at university, and that resulted in my moving to Helsinki, getting married and settling down. I've lived here for a good 7 years or so.

I grew up watching the TOS movies, and the TOS tv shows... only in my house trek was something to be ridiculed, so I watched late at night, doing lip-reading. The result is my TOS series knowledge isn't very good.

All of my friends through hs and college were trekkies. They had fun, were up on all the trivia, much of which I learned from them, and went to the conventions. I never was able to see TNG while it was on the air though. My parents could be rather cruel about that kind of stuff.

I remember my college friends not buying that I was no trekkie, and as theater types we watched from a different perspective, as actors watching other actors. Theater was my minor though. My major was music, and I had been preparing for the world of opera. Around that time, Voyager came out, so I've seen the first few episodes of that.

After leaving school to come here, there's precious little trek in this country, although I know there's at least one Finn on this board. ;) Maybe absense makes the heart grew fonder, or maybe I just realized that I took that idealism I so highly prized for granted.

Whatever the reason, when TNG started re-running here, my more accepting husband and I were instantly hooked. They've stopped airing TNG episodes, but we got the dvds. With two episodes a night, it's flying by quickly, and I can remember plot, but I can't remember episode titles. I guess that comes with time.

There's very little about TNG that's dated IMO. There are symbolisms that are very much applicable to today.

Let's see, a couple of other things, I'm a member of Team Insurrection, and am also a member of Wil's Posse. ;)

As for the picture in that first post - LOL we just watched Tapestry tonight! :thumbsup: :angel:

15. eline

eline Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi there, Eline here, i'm a TNG fan, and i suppose that you can guess from my username, my fave episode is The Inner Light closely followed by Times Arrow and Datas Day i think originally it took me a couple of series to get into TNG, but i think now its one of my favourite series, along with DS9 and Voyager.

My Vhs copy of Star Trek 1V: The Voyage Home doesn't have a trailer for TNG on it, it has at the beginning, a recap of the previous voyage, and a dedication to the crew of Challenger

I tend to spend most of my time on this board in either Misc., the lounge, or General TV & Media, with somewhat occasional visits here, methinks i should spend more time here :lol: :lol:

16. Alice

Alice Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi there, i'm Alice (or Alies, the dutch way ;). i'm 19 so watched TNG since i was very little, don't remember much,they stopped airing about 5years ago, but my favorite characters were data and picard (and i was a bit scared of Worf)..haha and my sister had a secret crush on Riker (without the beard that is)

17. May 20

May 20 Consumer of cookies and milk Premium Member

OT
    Oh, I don't mind that at all. :p I love to talk about them, as many around here will attest to. ;)

DD is 7, and DS is 2 1/2.

18. Scatta

Scatta Commodore Commodore

^Aw. How cute. :) See, I wanted just enough to get to say that! ;)

19. Theta

Theta Captain Captain

Hey, Plainsong , am I in yet? :p

20. Plainsong

Plainsong Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Only if you begged SubTv to at least give us a choice of disliking Ent or not. ;) I did, they ignored me. ;)

So that's three of us in Finland, you, me and I noticed a guy named Timo somewhere around here. With a name like that, you know he's Finnish. :vulcan:

I think when you're in Finland and a trekkie, you tend to appreciate it more because it's so rarely on tv. ;)