50th Anniversary Special - Eccleston Reconsidering?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by tomalak301, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Awww, come-on! You don't want to see the love triangle of 9-10-Rose? Or may quadrangle, 9-10-10b-Rose, of course there's always the 10-10b romance.

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure what to expect. For all I know the show has only been on 8 years, but I do know Dr. Who has a passionate fanbase. I could see a lot of people being disappointed, even though if I see this episode and like it, I could be in a minority of those who do like it.

3. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

I don't know why I like the Cybermen 2-parter so much yet so many others with relatable tastes don't. The parallel universe stuff feels like a nice, great adventure, the Cybermen were quite shocking at the end of part one, and the rest is very exciting base infiltration stuff with very well done corridor sneaking, RIGHT PAST THE CYBERMEN, where the corridors are well-made to look kinda alien. And a sweet climax after the pro haxing, I wasn't expecting that RTD less great as usual black person whose name I can't remember staying there, I was very satisfied with that unexpected closure. Oh yeah Mickey. It did pass my mind but I dismissed it as too ridiculous.
    Yayy :lol:

4. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm going to hazard a guess that "Dalek" went through too many drafts -- Shearman went through at least nine. (It wasn't until the seventh that they took the Daleks out and replaced them with the Toclafane because it looked like the Nation estate wasn't going to play ball.) Too many drafts can sap a work of its spontaneity and its life.

And then Shearman's draft was rewritten by RTD, because RTD rewrote every script except for Moffat's.

So I'm going to say that "Dalek," while good, isn't as strong as "Jubilee" because it went through too many drafts. :)

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

To each their own, I wasn't all that impressed with Jubilee and much prefer "Dalek."

6. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Jubilee?

7. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Big Finish 6th Doctor CD written by Rob Shearman where the Earth government are holding a Dalek left over from a previous invasion prisoner and torturing it, which RTD likrd enough for him to ask Rob to write a Dalek-introducing episode based on the same ideas.

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Ah, gotcha, thanks

9. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Assuming the idea is to get all eleven Doctors on-screen together for the episode's climax (and taking the explanation for Peter Davison's age in "Time Crash" into account), what I imagine we'll see is the faces of One, Two and Three grafted onto CGI body doubles, but the figures are ghostly and wavering - the vocal clips distant, echoing and garbled.

Eleven: I can't hear them - I can't understand what they're trying to say...
    Four: I can - I'm the closest one chronologically to them. You see, the time differential between you and them has become too great for them to appear in any other way. (sad smile) I'm afraid I'm not too far from that point myself.

The three could put out some intelligble lines later in the scene, but only by putting forth a concentrated effort - otherwise Four would translate for them.

10. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

While I find this concept intriguing (and it's basically the way Tony Lee's The Forgotten ends), I have a difficult time seeing it as viable from a production standpoint.

No, it's not the CGI.

It's that this gives a half-dozen actors incredible leverage over the production. If you want the fourth Doctor, you have to get Tom Baker, after all. "Two lines of dialogue? Essentially a cameo? Pass." The negotiations necessary to get all the actors onboard and satisfied with their roles would make Middle-East peace look achievable by comparison.

11. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

And Colin Baker recently said that he hadn't been asked to participate in any 50th anniversary story other than the Big Finish audio. Yes, he might be fibbing, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

12. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If we don't get Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann but do get John Barrowman... then I'm gonna be mega-pissed.