X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: X-MEN: First Class sequel (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

I'm wondering if they're introduce Rachel Summers...she is a pretty important character from Days of Future Past. I also wonder if Ellen Page will have any interest in returning as Kitty Pryde or if they're recast. There are a ton of interesting questions about this project now. I'm guessing things will be tweaked and altered where necessary rather than them doing a straight up adaptation of Days...

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^As I said I'm not sure it'd work unless the person travelling back is a future version of someone already close to the existing FC cast. Rachel Summers would be cool, but it'd require too much exposition and would probably necessitate (re)introducing Cyclops. Kitty wouldn't work because in the original story, she quantum leaped back into her own past self's body. The whole point being that the messenger was someone they already knew and..well...the movie version of Kitty won't be born for a few more decades.

Raven is probably the only one of the bunch who'd still be fighting fit 40-60 years in the future AND is already central to the plot of FC.

3. Admiral_Young

Yeah that's why I said they'll probably alter and tweak the story to fit with the X-Men cinematic universe. It should be extremely interesting to see how they pull this off.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It also wouldn't surprise me if they ramp up Mystique's importance simply because of how high Jennifer Lawrence's star has risen since The Hunger Games.

5. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I suspect they will surprise us all and the "future" we will see will be the 1980s!

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well it would have to be to avoid "incredibly" old (wo)man make up on most of th central characters, but they're still going to have to add nearly two decades to the cast rather than 4 for all the movies to sync.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

The exact time frame of the dark future could be left vague. Probably should be for a number of reasons. Sentinels are going too be more advanced than real tech no matter the year. Other than older cars, etc, we don't needed to know when things diverged. From their own fictional history let alone our own real one.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

But I get a boner from that nuts and bolts stuff.

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Or they just use older actors like McKellen, Stewart, Romijn etc? They established that Raven ages slower than normal (presumably only *post* adolescence like Wolverine) and anyway, under all that blue paint and latex, who can tell? Plus of course she is a shape-shifter so technically anyone can play her.

10. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

That was my thought as well.

11. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

They should give everyone bows as well.

12. Admiral_Young

I don't know if they would ramp up Jennfier's role any more due to her popularity. Halle Berry won an Oscar during "X2" and didn't really receive that increased a role in "The Last Stand" IMO (nothing noticeable over the previous two films anyway) so I don't see why they would do that for Jennifer Lawrence, although I'm not discounting the possibility.

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ I thought her role in TLS was much increased. It was really her and Wolverine as the leads.

14. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah, but in part because she demanded it. I could quite easily see Lawrence's obligations to HG lessening her X-time.

15. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^That's true.

16. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

So Lawrence might pull an Anna Paquin instead of a Halle Berry? I can see that happening.

17. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I recall reading that FOX scheduled the shooting of the new X-Men movie around her commitment to the "Hunger Games" sequel. So hopefully that resolves any conflicts that might lessen her screen time, since Mystique was already a major player in "First Class" and one would hope that would continue in the next one.

18. Admiral_Young

Yeah the scheduling conflict issue has been resolved, I foresee no problems with Jennifer on "Days of Future Past" (it still feels weird to type those words lol). She seemed incredibly pleased to be part of this and continue to be apart of the X-Franchise. I don't really see her attitude changing.

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Looks like this is going to have to move now. Hobbit 3 has been scheduled for the same release date as this movie! :eek:

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It better. I hate it when stuff I'm anticipating as much as these two come out the same day. I try not to go to the movies unless it's something I really want to see, and it's aggravating when I get two things on the same weekend, while there are whole months in the other part of the year when there isn't a single thing I want to see coming out.