Why has the Janeway tag been removed from all threads?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by teacake, Mar 23, 2012.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Someone's been busy. ;)

Years ago I read how TPTB in USSR sent out a memo to remove "page xxx" from the encyclopedia and put in "this" "XXX" one instead. :scream:

I hate to say it, but one of the reasons I prefer paper books over internet versions is that its harder to erase something/ someone from history that way. I'd rather buy an encyclopedia than rent usage per month on a website devoted to same. :vulcan:

Don't agree with censorship whether it is by committee or by one disgruntled fan. :klingon:

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

If it was a mod cleaning up the cloud why was the tag "star trek" not removed? Surely that is the most redundant tag of all?

3. spot_loves_data

spot_loves_data Captain Captain

The cloud is different again. Now "green lantern" is bigger than "TOS." I think the cloud is destined to be a poor gauge of popularity. I mean, how many people actually tag, and what percentage of threads have tags?

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Crazy people.

5. teacake

6. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe there's an active cell of Janeway h8erz about. Maybe it's time to get real.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcRwIH130fA[/yt]

7. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Since the mods aren't responding, I suspect its cuz they don't know who's doing it either. Which suggests someone's hacked the board controls. That can't be a "good" thing, can it?

It's like someone's taken the safety off the holodeck.

8. Kathryn J.

Kathryn J. Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Probably the Janeway tag got so biiiiiiiiiiiiig that it didn't fit into the window anymore or even outgrew all screens!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

9. Guy Gardener

Like how shrinking to microscopic levels in the Marvel Universe shunts you intot he Micoverse where the micronauts live, but in reverse? I think henry Pym was discussing an oververse at one point you could get to by growing but hasn't too sure about the damage he would do tot he solar system in any attempt to generate that much additional extradimensional mass.

10. teacake

The thing is it was never anywhere as big as the Genre Babe tags were for months.

While "they" in bulk may not know which mod is removing it someone obviously knows.

11. Guy Gardener

What? Gone again?

And I see that "Star Trek" is big now, just like we laughed that it wasn't.

12. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    But now Enterprise is HUUUGE, so someone's 'aving a larf. I am blame teacake and Miss Lemon.

13. teacake

I don't care if Enterprise or anything else gets huge. What bothers me is the only way it could be removed from the entire BBS is if a moderator did it.

14. Guy Gardener

A modertor could get in trouble.

An administrator could be having a laugh.

Christian could be playing with us like a god.

we don't know how high this goes.

besides.

What they've done is artificially manipulating the tag cloud to think that there are no Janeway tags and a bugger load of Enterprise tags. I'm assuming once a month or week or timely duration, the cloud adjusts for drift (stategate much?) by taking an accurate census of the tags, which is why Janeway came back...

Unless there's a mod war going on.

If only a mod could take Janeway away, then only a mod could have brung her back.

When two mods got to war, go to war...

When two mods go to war, go to war...

We're like ants, or the French wondering what this thing called World War II was.

15. teacake

Here Guy, have a baby.

[​IMG]

16. Guy Gardener

thank you.

I was ever so hungry.

17. spot_loves_data

spot_loves_data Captain Captain

There's nothing like fresh baby.

How fast do you think I'd get banned if I went into the ENT forum and tagged everything with Janeway?

I just noticed that the tag I added to this thread is gone. For the record, I didn't remove it, guess it was a mod.

18. teacake

What the hell, seriously.

Why is a Mod removing the Janeway tag? No one has answered my question about this in the Questions forum yet. WHY IS A MOD REMOVING THIS TAG?

The Enterprise tag blowing up just means people are tagging stuff with it, has nothing to do with the disappearance of the Janeway tag.

19. Guy Gardener

If all the pork pies go missing AND I get fat... it's not hard to connect the dots.

Enterprise has never been that big. A dozen poeple in the enterprise forum would have to start spontaneously tagging who have never tagged before. Which is just unlikely.

This means that as a certainty that an Enterprise Moderator is at work diddling our Kathryn.

OR

Some one is trying to get an Enterprise Forum moderator fired so that they can sweep in and fill up that sweet spot.

It's the plot from watchmen (And season one heroes, and Fight club (sorta?), and Hitler did in RL too.), that you bloody your own nose to seek sympathy, and blame all the wrongs in the world on a comfortable scapegoat who you claim to have thumped you who really really didn't. Watchmen the comic, not the movie. It was weird, the stories were identical almost until the last 5 minutes when the blue bastard started monologuing.

Did the Emperor blow up his own Deathstar?

A trench run seriously?

If they had "landed" a tire fighter on that exhaust vent they would have been super safe.

Maybe he sacrificed his first Deathstar so that prols wouldn't mind the deconstruction of the Imperial Senate?

20. teacake

I think it's very likely people have started spontaneously tagging because tagging is suddenly being discussed. Enterprise blowing up does not make Janeway disappear from the entire history of tags in the BBS. You can search for tags going back years. I searched for "batman begins" and found a thread from 2009:

http://www.trekbbs.com/tags.php?tag=batman begins

So someone is removing Janeway completely from tags and that someone must be a moderator.