Flint in season 5

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by t_smitts, Sep 13, 2012.

1. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Among the numerous ideas for season 5, one was an encounter with Flint in one of his earlier aliases.

I'm curious whom they would've gotten to play the role. Supposedly, when casting T'Pau and Surak for "Awakening", they consciously cast actors who at least somewhat resembled the originals. One would hope they'd do the same here.

Personally, my choice would've been Tim Daly, being the son of James Daly, the original. Admittedly, he might've been a tad expensive, being a fairly popular TV actor, and may or may not have been comfortable taking up a role his father played.

Still, we can hope.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I found the lack of immortal super beings in ENT refreshing, glad they didn't do this. It seems season 5 ideas were as heavy on connecting the NX-01 to other series story lines as season 4 was. Though I think season 4 was excellent it would have been better to have season 5 go in a completely original direction, continue the Romulan subterfuge etc..

3. t_smitts

Well, they did have the Organians, that long-living telepath guy who wanted to hook up with Hoshi, and (arguably) the Sphere-Builders.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know, James Daly's Fint didn't look much like Beethoven...

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess this is a positive side effect of having time travel in every other freaking episode just about.

6. teacake

I just love time travel. I get how some people don't care for it but it's always been one of my favorite themes. I think ENT did it with particularly good stories.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would have been more comfortable with a retcon establishing that an already existing character was Flint.

8. Valin

Valin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Chef!

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually my first choice would have been Admiral Forrest. Partly because he's a great guy, partly because Vaughn Armstrong played him and therefore his awesomeness is increased a thousandfold because of that alone, but mostly because ... and this is going to sound kinda cheesy ... Forrest reminded me a lot of my dad and so when I watched that ep where Forrest died, it really hit me hard. So I prefer to look for any excuse possible to have Forrest live again!

10. teacake

Forrest was excellent, finally an Admiral that was a sympathetic character! His death was quite upsetting.

11. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I theorize that one of the Vulcans demands for membership in the Federation is the requirement that all admirals be jerks. They were trying to dominate Starfleet with their case of Evil Vulcan Syndrome, but didn't take in account it's apparent cure and the adaptability of humans to rise to new heights of jerkiness!

Witness Admiral Alynna Necheyev.

12. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

If done well i would had liked a Trelane/Q episode.

13. umichigan

umichigan Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I don't know, James Daly's Fint didn't look much like Beethoven...[/QUOTE]

He was Brahms, not Ludwig Von...

14. t_smitts

What was wrong with Admiral Ross?

I don't see Forrest being immortal, though. Still, I'm sure they would've had PLENTY of work for Vaughn, had the show kept going.

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

He was Brahms, not Ludwig Von...[/QUOTE]

:alienblush: Oops, my bad.

My overwhelming memory of that episode is grabby letch Kirk holding Reyna so tightly she had his finger marks on her arm for the whole scene.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't look much like John Rhys Davies, but that's who should have been cast because of his Voyager outtings as Da Vinci.

17. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

James Morrison from Space Above And Beyond would be my pick for Flint if they'd had him in ENT

18. t_smitts

The holographic Da Vinci doesn't necessarily look like the real one. Just as they didn't use the same the actor for the holographic Sir Isaac Newton in "Descent" and the real one on "Death Wish"

You mean James Morrison from "24". :rommie: Actually, he was a series regular on 24 during what would've been Enterprise's fifth season and might not have had time to do it. (That and networks occasioanly veto actors from shows on their networks doing shows on competing netorks, though there many exceptions to this).

That, and, aside from the silver hair, he doesn't look much like James Daly.

19. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

S'okay. Flint didn't look any more like Brahms than he did Beethoven. Must have been the <tech!>

20. teacake

And Zephram Cochrane didn't look like.. Zephram Cochrane.