STO Trek BBS Fleet

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by aelius, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. think

think Like Spock Premium Member

STF? what is that? Star trek fleet?

?
    Steam Faucet ?

well; I had my friend that loves trek for the story line stuff, team up with me and join the fleet he is on a laptop so he was having some movement problems I might give him a mouse that he can use but we will see. He should be @ the bbs soon maybe tomorrow or the next day although this might overwhelm him the bbs and all the various facets of it ..

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

STF means Special Task Force. It's a mission that has to be done with 5 player captain's on the team and can't be played alone. It's the closest thing the game has to a raid.
    It's endgame content, so you have to be at least a Rear Admiral 5 to get access to it.

3. think

wait are your toons really playing this all the time so you reach the Admiral level or is there like cheats that are going on ????

lol not that it matters I am into playing lots I just don't know if I could make it all the way to Admiral before I self combusted or something lol

4. Timelord Victorious

No cheats... I have 5 Vice Admiral toons, 1 Captain and one Lt. Commander. Been in the game since open beta though.

5. think

woe the power there and the time spent omg unreal i guess :)

6. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

took me just under a year to get to vice admiral. That's not playing everyday though, maybe a four hour day or two a week

7. Timelord Victorious

Well, if you think I'm crazy (I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested!!!) there are players far worse. Some people who maxed out their toon slots and deleted some to start over grinding to VA in about a week again. ;)

8. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

I think i hit VA in 3 months or so...

9. Timelord Victorious

Invite sent...

10. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

It's not that difficult to level up quickly if you know how.

1) If you know how (and are slightly lucky) you can do two DSE missions in under 5 minutes. That means in under 5 minutes the Borg Deep Space Encounter missions will net you an easy 1000 xp.

2) With the exception of some of the normal misisons, there's little point in playing them on a second run through. They reward little xp for a lot of time and effort.

3) On the otherhand, some of the series episodes reward you with good xp (that levels) for something that takes very little effort or time. For example Spin the Wheel. Most of them also give decent rare equipment too, which you can either use to equip yourself or sell on the exchange.

4) PvP is a great place for some fun xp and cash (as well as medals to spend on uncommon equipment). The biggest problem is the queues at lower levels are only really active at certain times.

11. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

any ideas if they are planing to up the cap?. I've got to va1 and canr get any more skill points for my main toon just the bo's and they'll soon be maxed out:)

12. Timelord Victorious

Season 4 should raise the cap to Fleet Admiral.

13. AriesIV

AriesIV Lieutenant

I'm on ESD now. Captain_Marie. I'll be running around for about a half hour then I got a mission to complete.

14. Timelord Victorious

New fleet events posted for next weekend.
    Please sign up for them on the event calender of the fleet menu if you are available.

Saturday: Cloaked Intentions 1-4. We will replay the episodes released so far and then enjoy the new premiere together.

Sunday: Khitomer Accord. This will conclude the Borg Special Task Force Series (at least until The Hive is released).
    I'm sure our successfull crew from the last two episodes can master this one as well. of course anybody else who is eligible is also invited. Any Rear Admiral Upper Half 1 with Infected and The Cure under his belt can join. If you havent done those missions yet and want to be part of the team, notify me and we get you a completion run for the earlier missions until sunday.

15. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

In for the Khitomer Accord run on Sunday. Possibly for the new weekly episode as well, will have to see how my weekend shapes up. Anxious to get the STF knocked out, though, and our little team seems to be working pretty well together.

16. Timelord Victorious

I just did my trainings run of Khitomer Accord (right after the Cure no less). The good news, We did it without any realy danger of failing. I know what to expect and how to beat the mission.
    The kinda bad news. Bring enough time and a lot of nerves.
    You will be facing endless waves of Borg drones on the ground. Really tricky placed nodes you have to take down. It's not that hard but takes a lot of time.
    The rewards will be worth it though, lots of loot, several purple ones, the Assimilated Borg shield and a Borg Science BO.

17. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'll be along on Sunday as I've not played this yet.

Might have a few new tribbles too...

18. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'll be joining on Sunday. :D

19. Timelord Victorious

To give everyone a bit of a break on the STFs I posted a new fleet event for sunday next week:
    A sudden interspecies spread of Vulcan Pon'Farr symptoms among fleet members requires Lirpa duells to the death. We will meet on Mount Seleya and match duelling opponents there. Anyone not being able to get a lirpa by himself, either by C- Store or crafting, can also use a batleth or contact me and fleet officers for help with crafting.

20. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Already RSVPed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.