24 Day 7: 11:00PM - 12:00AM - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Mar 30, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Good

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  3. Average

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Terrible

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, give them some credit. This is the organization that could whack off members of President Taylor's family and make it look like suicides. Well, until Henry killed their henchman. So, the writers have given them some uber-power.

Still, this has to be some kind of deversion. Starkwood is committing suicide here.

I agree also that the military brass looked really wimpy here.

2. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Predictions:

Aaron will, at some point, be forced to shoot and kill Olivia. (I shall cheer mightily at that scene)

Tony does indeed still have an unrevealed agenda.

The last 5-6 "hours" will be Jack getting the "cure" that supposedly doesn't exist. (Unless the hot CDC chick is a miracle worker. In which case, she'll develop an antidote, it'll get stolen and Jack will STILL have to go get it.)

Hodges will die after someone wets his lips and sticks him to a window at the top of the Capitol Building.

--Ted

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

:lol:

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do we know who the president will be next year? Aaron? Chloe? Kim? Larry? Sarah Connor?

5. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

So, is anyone going to tell former Chief of Staff Ethan Kanin that his reason for resigning is no longer an issue since Jack didn't kill Senator Dumbass or his treasonous aide? Unless he's using Jack's car (in which case he could be halfway across the country by now), I doubt he's even that far from the White House.

I know that scumbag Olivia won't call him, but I'm surprised that it never even occurred to the President while she was trying to replace him with nepotism and ex-Trek producers.

Ethan got Shawshanked.

6. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nina Myers.

7. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

Hence....Infected Jack goes back in time and stops himself from being infected in the first place!! :guffaw::guffaw:;)

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I demand Ronny Cox replace Canin. He's the most important member of the Robocop cast who hasn't appeared yet and he's also a villainous Starship captain from TNG.

9. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Ooh, I like that. He should play evil Chief of Staff Rick Berman.

President Taylor (being held hostage by Rick Berman):
    "Rick, you're fired!"

Jack Bauer:
    "Thank you (starts firing now that Directive 4 is bypassed)."

10. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Oh, another thing I noticed - the CDC woman at the start was Dr. Sunny Macer (Christina Chang) from season three.

Recognise anyone, by the way ?

[​IMG]

Or...

[​IMG]

(The above images are hosted on my personal Google Pages webspace and are not hotlinked)

11. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't think so. As said, he is a patriot. He isn't doing it for himself, he's doing it for the good of the country. Alison is weak and her policies invite danger, so he's trying to demonstrate exactly how weak she is by staging a massive terrorist attack. He'll go to prison, or die, but she'll have no choice but to reverse course in the face of massive public outrage or resign.

Improving domestic security would be the most important part of the legislative agenda. Congress would quickly pass legislation reestablishing STU as an independent agency, not under the authority of the executive branch, and legitimizing Bauer's more extreme methods. She wouldn't be able to veto it without losing whatever popularity she had left, and Congress would probably have enough votes to override a veto, anyway.
    At the same time, her policy of refusing PMC contracts would likely be reversed. Starkwood would be ripped apart, yes, but there are many others to take it's place. Improving security requires manpower, and the extra manpower has to come from somewhere. PMCs can provide personel and can help train local law enforcement.
    Hodges cares more about America than he does about Starkwood, and he's willing to sacrifice both himself and Starkwood to provide the impetitus to shore up US security at home and abroad.

http://www.blackwaterusa.com/index.html

12. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i am just catching up on 24, via Blockbuster DVD rental....

And the scene with Rick Berman being sent in as a replacement..i am surprised no one mentioned the irony dripping all around...

DO(H!)TUS suggested someone from the outside, with a fresh perspective. And so the first choice is RICK BERMAN?!?! :vulcan: The opposite of what was said about him on the message boards (in regards to Trek).

They also said on 24 that Rick Berman "already made his fortune"...so that now is able to serve the people...while we wish he was serving them all along!

Just thought i'd bring it up again, as i searched teh thread and just saw only a minor notice.

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Six month old thread.

14. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, but I JUST watched it today.

And the Rick Berman irony i thought was strangely not dissected on TREKBBS !

15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Man, I panicked for a second, I was like wait did 24 come back and I missed it?

16. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

You too, huh?

17. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I totally thought "Wait, what? I thought season 8 started in Janurary!" too, haha.