NHL 1st Round 2013 playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Gil T.Azell, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure I like this best of eight Stanley Cup format. :lol:

One defibrillator wasn't enough for that game. :eek: Three OTs, more than 110 shots between the two teams, both teams playing their hearts out with minimal miscues--you simply can't ask for more than that.

Of course I wanted the Hawks to win but that was a FUCKING AWESOME hockey game all around. And I'd be saying the same thing if the Bruins won it. Both teams played great and despite it being a very physical game, I'm glad the refs let them play.

Bring on Game 2!

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Chicago wins this series, I think you got to give Crawford the Conn Smythe. He was unreal tonight, making one big save after another in the OT periods. It was incredibly fun to watch.

3. Sheep

Agreed. Without him the Hawks are watching the Conference Finals and the Cup series from home.

4. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Vigneault hired as Rangers coach 5 year deal worth 10 mil.
    Link

5. Sheep

Apparently the Hawks are a bit mixed up and think a power play means they're one man down and not one man up. I'd credit Boston's defense and PK here but the Hawks' PP has been consistently abysmal against everyone they've played in the playoffs.

Hope Wednesday's game goes better than this one did.

6. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Meh. He's not a bad coach, but he's not a good coach. The Rangers won't go up or down in his tenure from where they are currently.

7. Sheep

I wonder if cardiac arrest rates have risen in Boston and Chicago? Another OT thriller that could have gone either way but Seabrook takes it for the Hawks. Good to see the Hawks recover from that horrible Game 3.

8. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Seriously. I couldn't even watch most of this game and had to have my sis text me updates. That being said, YAY!!!

9. Sheep

Holy. Crap. I have NEVER been on the edge of my seat for any sporting event as much as I was during this Finals series.

That last minute ending was epic and quite possibly a once in a lifetime occurrence--ESPN Chicago claims it was the latest a game-winning goal has ever been scored in the Stanley Cup clincher. Even before the flurry at the end, the Hawks have to be the luckiest team around. They caught some breaks early on and should have been down at least 2-0 going into the second period. Boston played the way you would expect, like their survival depended on it, but the Hawks pulled through somehow. Amazing effort. Amazing games.

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Damn. I kind of wish I had watched this series now.

11. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Hell of a series, two very similar and evenly-matched teams. Easily could have gone either way, congrats to the Blackhawks on the last-minute victory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.