Justice League FLashpoint at comicon (+video clip)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by RAMA, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Is there a electrical tower behind the house?

2. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Never read teh Graphic Novel, and generally liked it, but I do have a few questions:

1) Since when is Aquaman's strength level (especially inland); at about the same level as Wonder Woman's? (IE He really seemed buffed up in the alternate timeline.)

2) If this new timeline (created by Barry himself) lead to all the changes and ultimately the end of the planet itself - How in the hell did the 25th century 'Professor Zoom' villain manage to still exist; and come back to the 20th century to torment Barry?

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

For 2, think of it as a fork in the road. Zoom came back before the fork was taken and then followed the new route forward.

4. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, in the comics I think he's fought WW to a standstill before. Remember, this guy is swimming in pressures that would crush the most advanced submarine, physically he's really tough and strong. Not counting goofy superfriends era stuff, he's not just a lame guy who talks to fish, he's easily as strong as Wonder Woman. His design was weirdly buff looking in Flashpoint, but the idea that he's extremely physically powerful, even on land, was not a new idea, even before Flashpoint/the New 52.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Namor is a weird mutant who is supercharged by sea water. Arthur has seeming superstrength on land because he's not constantly resisting against a billion tons of waterpressure.

Aquaman is always the same strength level, but with less resistance on the surface, he's able to effect more impressive feats with that strength more so than merely NOT quickly transforming into a tiny marble of flesh and bone.

6. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I noticed some comic book professionals discussing this movie on Facebook, and they seem to feel this is one of the top animated superhero movies yet. I really think it was solid from start to finish, though of course I knew the dreaded reset button would come into play at the end. I think maybe that diminishes it's rating in my eyes somewhat.

RAMA

7. Guy Gardener

It wasn't a reset.

Reset implies winding the clock back to first principles.

Notice how the Flash has a new uniform?

It's a ridiculously similar new universe.

8. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Considering the scale of the changes...oh...Amazons and Atlanteans warring on just about everyone, no Superman, no Bruce Wayne as Batman, and of course the minor issue of global armageddon being wiped out, I'd say there were sufficient changes in events to consider this a reset.

RAMA

9. Guy Gardener

There are lots of different sorts of resets, sorry.

But if you compare Post Infinite Crisis to New 52, you could see how I would be struggling to find a different word to use other than reset, since nothing went back to starting positions, but instead we finished our story 10 years into a hike up a completely different timeline and we have no idea how we got there.

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Flashpoint leads into the nu52. It's a reboot, not a reset button.

It's about as much a reset as ST'09