Superman/Batman: Apocolypse!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

This is also under discussion in the Supergirl thread. I like the idea of Summer Glau playing Supergirl, but I wasn't fond of the Ed McGuinness art style they emulated in Public Enemies and I'm even less fond of the Michael Turner art style which they may emulate here. Also, PE was, to me, the worst and dumbest of the DCU movies, a waste of Daly, Conroy, and Brown, so I'm not overjoyed that it's getting a sequel.

3. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

I enjoyed Public Enemies, it felt like an episode of Superman: TAS. The art style I did not enjoy as much, but I am so glad that the original voices are back again.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'll be looking forward to it! I liked Public Enemies. Though obviously it's superficial fun.

5. Admiral_Young

^ This. The first two or three arcs of Superman/Batman were part of DCU continuity along with introducing the kid Toyman from Japan and showing the downfall of Lex's Presidency and introducing the Turner Supergirl. I loved the first two arcs. I'm a Turner fans so I thought it was great that he was doing the art. I think he passed away from his battle with cancer like a year after that. I'm really looking forward to this.

6. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh God, I hated this story arc. Superman Batman had an amazing ability to get stupider with each progressive story, no matter how often I'd thought they'd hit bottom.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The first two arcs were amazing and hugely important to DC continuity. The third one was bascially one big what-if... and the fourth one was also not really real, though it did function as a sequel to Emperor Joker so that was cool. After that Loeb left the title and I didn't follow it anymore.

8. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Interesting...The cover art looks weird, though.

9. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Needs Michael Ironside as the voice of Darkseid.

10. Admiral_Young

11. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And that's saying something considering how stupid the very FIRST arc was.

12. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think im going to get this:cool::)
    Though, I still need to buy the previous film also.
    Its a pity that Supergirls name does not appear in the front cover..because it should:shifty:

13. Admiral_Young

It's always amazing to find out how much fans hate stuff on the internet. I'm in the minority as I pointed out above but I really enjoyed the first couple of arcs.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah I'm surprised Supergirl isn't front and center on the cover in all her red n' blue glory. Advertising, man.

15. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Wasn't really a fan of Public Enemies but would nice if we can hear Kevin Conroy again.

16. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm surprised Summer Glau's not front and center on the cover wearing red and blue tassels. Advertising, man.

17. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed the "Public Enemies" arc in the comics, though I've yet to see the DVD. I did not like the Supergirl arc, though, but I liked the third arc (I'm a sucker for alternate realities and anytime you can fit in the Legion of Super-Heroes or at least characters related to the LoSH, I'm all for it!). I hope they are able to present it in movie format better than it was in the comics, since I found this arc to be muddled, plodding, and annoying.

18. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

I think Andre Braugher will be a more than adequate replacement. :)

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Whoa, Andre Braugher? That'll be interesting.

20. Admiral_Young

^ Yeah I saw that and am happy. Here are the details...once again lack of commentary track in this one. I guess they're just not in the budget any more? I believe this is the fourth DVD without one. "Green Lantern: First Flight", "Superman/Batman: Public Enemies", "Justice League Crisis on Two Earths", and next month's "Batman: Under the Red Hood" all are lacking commentary tracks. Also Greg Weisman's "Green Arrow" short is included with the film.

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/superman-batman-apocalyse-movie-100629.html