Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. RTOlson

RTOlson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What did everyone think of the latest episode, "Course Listing Unavailable"? I thought it was a "B" — it wasn't a great episode, but it had some highlights and tied parts of the story along as we head into the last four episodes of the season.

The Starburns stuff was OK, but it was really pushed aside for other elements. Perhaps it's a fitting end for a tertiary character who only wanted to be known as Alex (and to have a sort of "Breaking Bad" thing going on).

I think the highlight was toward the end as the study group revisited the multiple timeline theory from "Remedial Chaos Theory." Good stuff, and I think the current timeline actually ended up getting the best of all the highlights of that episode (in terms of relationship developments), but there was no "Roxanne."

The whole stuff with Chang is not the greatest, especially with his goon squad of children. I'm still blown away by the differences of Chang from season one to now. Let's just say he "Chang-ed" a lot since then, and not for better.

2. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I liked how the study group went through the five stages of grief throughout the episode. It's subtle, but it was there. I like how the writers are so aware of these types of details.

3. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There were some really good moments. I loved the bit with Abed and Troy talking about the one-armed lawyer. Really great character moment with Troy getting excited, then freaked out at how much of the guy's arm was missing, with Abed, being literal as usual, and telling Troy it was the other arm.

I also loved:
    Dean: "Ben, how's it Deaning?"
    Ben: "Can't com-Chang."

The ending was weird in how simple and almost happy it was (the pre-credits ending).

On that note, is anyone else sick of "Do you have a sense of community? Then you can probably sense that there's more Community coming up." Such a lame pun.

4. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A one-armed lawyer, you say?

[​IMG]

Right arm too. ;)

5. shivkala

Oh, I'd forgotten that.

Consider my mind blown...

6. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

How many episodes are left in the season?

7. tighr

There's an episode this week, and then next week there are 3 new episodes in the same night, apparently as part of a 3-parter. So 4 episodes over the next two weeks.

8. shivkala

This week we get the season finales of The Office and Parks and Recreation[/b]. Then, as tighr said we get the three-part season finale of Community all on the same night, May 17th. 30 Rock also has its season finale on the 17th.

9. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm guessing that the one-armed lawyer was indeed a wink to the fans, but I really doubt it'll be followed up on. Instead, I think Starburns is said lawyer, having faked his death, shaved his starburns and is now lving as a meth lord uptown. :)

Mark

10. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Community is renewed for a fourth season! The initial order is for 13 episodes.

11. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Wish they'd have picked up a full 22, but it's not set as the final season which I like and they'll add the rest of the order once the new NBC comedies flop.

12. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hot. Hot hot hot! :D That's all I want, four seasons so that the study group can graduate and things reach their natural end-point. Hopefully they get the back-9 too.

13. tighr

Screw that, six seasons and a movie!!!

14. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

What, no discussion of the actual episode?

I love those "It's all fake and they're all nutters!" type stories, and Community's own spin on it was superb. Fake clip show and all, false memories of Greendale Asylum (and the references to past episodes at the same time!). Chang's plan was suitably insane.

And to top it all off, they have a genuine plot arc for the season finale!

15. tighr

I particularly liked the repeated references to a Paintball III that never happened.

16. shivkala

I cheered when I saw John Hodgman! He was perfectly suited as the fake psychiatrist, seeing as how he's already a fake judge.

I loved how the study group stood up for Abed. I also loved Troy's phone call to rich people.

17. tighr

Annie: You can't bring that in here!
    Troy: Yes I can! It's all terrain, dummy.

18. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fantastic show if it was the end of the series. Also glad it got picked up for another season.

19. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The show is moving to Friday nights, and Dan Harmon is not yet signed for the final season.

20. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

As for the Friday thing - YAY its not up against big bang! But aw crap its in the Graveyard slot. Lets hope it can carve a niche there like Fringe managed.

And as for Harmon maybe not coming back - I....don't mind that much. Yes, he was the brains behind the show in season 1 and 2, but this year he seem's to have gone too far, a bit too mad with power and what with his rather public alcoholism and douche attitude I think it may help for someone else to take over (It's probably beyond the realm, but I think Megan Ganz would be great, even if she hasnt had much experience running a show).