Wiped Episode Discoveries

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Allyn Gibson, Jun 13, 2013.

1. VDCNI

VDCNI Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: Rumors of a Special Surprise for the Anniversary

Another round of the lets try not to get our hopes up but wouldn't it be fantastic if this was true!

I suppose the interesting thing is they are mainly talking about Hartnell's when most of us would like to see more Troughton's as he has less in the archives and hoaxes have tended to focus on the most sort after stories. Though this does mention Evil I suppose though these days Power tends to be the one most mentioned when people talk about what they want back and rightly so as going by the audio it is by far the better story.

Personally I like The Web Planet - any story that has Barbara being a war leader for a group of giant butterflies must have something going for it! And yes The Gunfighters is indeed fantastic.

2. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

4) The Web Planet is "Doctor Who does Lord of the Rings with cardboard insects", and there's nothing about that sentence that is not awesome.

3. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Captain Captain

I thought the big surprise was supposed to be a series of Paul McGann minisodes or whatnot. What happened with that rumor?

4. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

To late, i have allowed my hopes to soar on all this, no going back now, i am all in.

5. Turbo

Turbo Changeling Premium Member

Evil would be nice, but Power of the Daleks would be even better.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do you have any idea how many "Paul McGann returns" rumours surface per year? Just toss the minisodes in the same pile as "Paul McGann to return to Doctor Who in theatrical movie" from 2007, 2008. "Paul McGann to appear in Doctor Who" from 2008, 2009, 2010...

7. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm sorry; there will be no surprises for the anniversary. It will all be spoiled ahead of time -- quite possibly in a rumor that at first seems outlandish.

8. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't think a whole stash have been discovered. Maybe about three or so.

Still, if this is true, here's what I want discovered:

*The Celestial Toymaker: I saw the surviving forth part on the "lost in time" surviving episodes box sets and loved the hell out of it. I think If I saw the whole thing, it might become not only a favourite 60s Dr. Who, but an all time favourite. Not many Hartnel serials I've liked much anyway.

*The Tenth Planet: Because it is the first regeneration and first appearance of the cybermen. Is the all time lost episode!

*The Moonbase: Yet again, I saw the surviving episodes on the "lost in time box set (I think it was 2 & 4), and I loved it. I think If I saw it in whole, I might possibly prefer it to Tomb of the Cybermen. I just love sixties cybermen!

*The Wheel In Space: Because it's Troughton Cybermen! Plus the design in this serial is a personal favourite for some reason. I think I saw episodes 2 & 6 (yes yet again on the "lost in time" boxset), not as good as Moonbase or Tomb, but still fun. Mind you, it's a six parter and they usually drag on too long for my liking, plus four whole episodes need to be found).

*The Ice Warriors: I think the whole serial of this one is missing, I'm not sure, I never saw it on the Lost in Time boxset. But that'd pretty much complete the Ice Warrior collection right? Would be nice to see the original concept of Ice Warriors!

*The Two Yeti ones: I think both serials are missing, One's called the abonerable snowman and the other's web of fear I believe. A surprisingly underused monster/s who are actually quite well known. Plus with the new series and the Great Intelligences return, it'd be nice to also have the return o the Yeti to go with it.

*The Underwater Menace: I don't think any episodes survive of it, but I think I saw some clips of it on the "Lost in Time" box set. From what I saw, it looked fantastic, I want to see it!

*Evil of the Daleks: Troughton's first serial: yes please! Plus Daleks! No Second Doctor Dalek serials in whole if at all exist today, would be nice to see it at last!

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Troughton's first was "The Power of the Daleks." "Evil" was the finale of his first season.

10. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Other than a microsecond cameo of Eight in The Name of the Doctor, has the new series ever recognized McGann? I know that RTD said the movie was canon and figured into his development of the new series, but why don't they just cast him as the 12th Doctor and be done with it? :lol:

11. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

There's a sketch of him in John Smith's Journal of Impossible Things.

The Cybermen had a recording of him on one of their data cylinders in "The Next Doctor."

The Atraxi had an image of him in "The Eleventh Hour."

12. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Also recently all the doctors were shown in the Doctors mind as he was challenging the cyber planner in 'Nightmare in Silver'

13. VDCNI

VDCNI Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4 Episodes of The Ice Warriors do exist and it will be released on DVD with animation of the lost episodes later this year.

Episode 3 of The Underwater Menance was on the Lost In Time box set and episode 2 was found in 2011 - a dvd release possibly with animation is expected next year.

14. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Many of these - especially Evil of the Daleks - were never screened in Africa...

15. Zeppster

Zeppster Commodore Commodore

I'll believe it when I see it. Even if they do find these films they won't be acceptable for broadcast or release by November.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  16. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ah right, thanks for clarifying that. I know that Troughton only had two dalek stories, I though the daleks master plan was one of them. Huh, oh well, guess it's a Hartnel story.
    Ah right.

Huh, I must have missed that. I'll see it sometime this weekend then. :)

17. Christopher

^Dalek stories:

Hartnell: "The Daleks," "The Dalek Invasion of Earth," "The Chase," "Mission to the Unknown," "The Daleks' Masterplan"

Troughton: "The Power of the Daleks," "The Evil otD"

Pertwee: "Day otD," "Planet otD," "Death to tD"

T. Baker: "Genesis otD," "Destiny otD"

Davison: "Resurrection otD"

C. Baker: "Revelation otD"

McCoy: "Remembrance otD"

McGann: cameo in movie

Eccleston: "Dalek," "Bad Wolf"/"The Parting of the Ways"

Tennant: "Doomsday," "Daleks in Manhattan"/"Evolution otD," "The Stolen Earth"/"Journey's End"

Smith: "Victory otD," "The Pandorica Opens"/"The Big Bang," "Asylum otD"

Wow... there were 39 years between Dalek stories whose titles didn't end in "of the Daleks." Once they committed to that format, they really committed. (Edit: Oops, as Ghost Bones points out below, Pertwee had "Death to the Daleks," so I goofed there.)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  18. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

Actually it was Death to the Daleks rather than of the, so it's only 31 years.

19. Christopher

^Right. Fixed.

20. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

I still find it hard to believe this Bleeding Cool guy. The massive disclaimer at the bottom says the site is entirely rumour based, so if nothing eventuates he simply falls back on that. The Tenth Planet and The Evil of the Daleks only made it as far as Australasia (the fates of whose prints are already known) and Asia so the films never set foot in Africa; if this "African engineer" does have the films he must've travelled to obtain them, or contacted someone in Hong Kong or Singapore.

http://missingepisodes.blogspot.co.nz/p/howmanyprints.html?m=0