XBL - Confirming 2nd Email

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jax, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

This is really starting to piss me off and like normal Microsoft are fucking USELESS TWATS :scream: Anyone had the prompt when logging into XBL to set up 2 back ups (FUCKING TWO)??? I did the 1st via Text from my phone fine but the 2nd one, an EMAIL is causing me no end of headaces...

* I create a backup email that I am never going to use.

* Got the verify code sent to my inbox

* entered that email on XBL and it sends a text telling me I need to confirm that email on account.live.com/confirm (WTF was the first code for if not to VERIFY THE FUCKING THING)

The webpage doesn't load and from goggle it seems I am not the only one, why the hell cannot I just exempt my self from these OTT security measures from these information stealing, selling, privacy paranoid security level that doesnt work anyway FREAKS.I can log into XBL eventually by going to the email confirm and clicking back but its getting tiresome having to jump through hoops to just log into XBL and eventually MS could take away my XBL account from me I guess if it never gets confirmed.

so any help :lol:

2. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hadn't logged into XBOX live for a while and I tried recently and the sheer number of hoops they had me jumping through was ridiculous. In the end, the person I wanted to play online with ran out of time and had to leave : /

3. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sounds like some more fun for when I fly home and get to my Xboxes. I've had all sorts of annoyances dealing with XBL and my Live account already.

Let's see, tried to recover an account from the first couple of months of Live on the original Xbox. Made attempts over the years multiple times. The last time after they decided they would prominently display your 'years of service' next to your tag. By the time I managed to actually get them to escalate the issue, they were no longer transitioning original Xbox accounts at all.

Speaking of which, they killed Games for Windows Live, which I guess isn't a huge deal,, because it sucked... but thanks to the way the DRM worked, my saves from the Arkham games are gone for good. Real nice Microsoft.

It's funny that they are having us wire up all these backup emails considering before they had a "link accounts" feature of some sort which I stupidly used to link multiple emails to the same Live account. I don't remember the details, but I do recall it was a bit of a pain when they abruptly dropped the feature.

And then of course there was the transition from using Microsoft Points to Local Currency. Shouldn't be a huge deal in theory... but nope... the points I had stocked up on sale went from "will never expire" to "expires in 2015". Thanks a lot assholes. Unavoidable side effect of the one time transition my ass. Such bullshit.

And then, of course, for some reason you can no longer spend Local Currency on the Xbox Live website. Why? "Security reasons". What the hell does that even mean? I can still buy stuff using my stored credit card info so....? Though I suppose a cynical person might note that all of a sudden I can very easily accidentally spend 'new' money instead of my stored currency which is now set to expire. How is that not a scam exactly?

Microsoft in my experience has been a pretty shitty company to deal with. It's like they go out of their way to antagonize their customers.

4. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Times like this is why I'm glad I never had an XBOX or a 360. Just got online with PS3. I hear my brother throwing tantrums in his room over his account a lot, though.