Poll: What should teacake review/watch next?

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Mar 17, 2013.

?

What show should teacake review/watch next?

1. Stargate Atlantis: This will be a rewatch with lots of Rodney gushing

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. Stargate Universe: This will be a rewatch with some Park gushing

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Farscape: This will be a first time watch beginning from the middle of Season 1

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

As all 3 or 4 of you know my Stargate review thread is coming to a close. Only one episode and two movies left :(

I enjoy doing review threads because it allows me to blather about what I'm watching to a captive audience. Commentary on fashions, hair and weird paintings on alien walls makes me happy but I can't exactly start a new thread about that stuff every time I see something. However when it's your review thread you can post what you like bwahaha. I also appreciate the feedback from people much more knowledgeable about the show and its background than me.

The three shows in my poll are ones I've been planning to rewatch or watch for the first time. I expect to eventually watch all of them. Help me decide what comes first!

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm the only vote, so Farscape by a mile. :-p

Or Wonderfalls, then Odyssey 5, Farscape.

3. teacake

I've seen Wonderfalls thanks to Mr. Gardener's suggesting it.

And it's really what should be my next review thread.. because not everything bears reviewing.

4. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Have you ever seen "Twin Peaks?"

:)

5. teacake

A million years ago.

I'm up for watching all kinds of stuff, but this is about what I'm up for reviewing :D The Stargate folk in this forum are pretty great, lots of background info and character and moment appreciation. I would like to continue Stargating in here but I would also like to watch Farscape. Ben Browder and Claudia Black are coming to Melbourne in October so I'll be cramming it in at some point before that :)

6. DrunkUncle

DrunkUncle Ensign Red Shirt

Voted for Farscape.

I'm planning to watch the first season of SGU again soon after a couple of years. Would be nice to have someone else to discuss it with.

But in general I think you should watch something you never seen before, so you should watch Farscape.

For the record, they're doing a rewatch/first time watch feature of Farscape over at The AV Club at the moment http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/tvshow/farscape,419/

7. teacake

But if I do Farscape I have to leave this friendly little subforum and go into the big nerdrage forum..

8. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

I challenge you to review The Dresden Files TV series, you can't hide in this subforum forever

9. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I'd be happy with either SGA or Farscape as never got beyond first couple of episodes of both. Still to be persuaded why Claudia Black is so great, as nice voice but so-so actress, IMNSHO :p.

Even if can't follow along, still find invaluable as reference. Currently halfway through SG season 7 and pop back into your old thread just to see if your take gels with mine (9 times out of 10 does! Like the lovely Jonas and RDA getting dumber :)).

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I vote for finishing the franchise, then do Farscape.

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I voted for Farscape. Though you should check Blake's 7 sometime, if you haven't seen it, so many great characters: Avon, Vila, Servalan, Travis and Orac at the top of the heap, and many others that make up a strong second tier. The SFX are rickety, but, the characters are great, and the scheming is awesome. And in some ways, Farscape seems to be very inspired by Blake's 7.

Though Atlantis would be really cool too (Atlantis would give me a chance to get Clone Wars in before my own SGU Rewatch, since I only have 10 more Doctor Who stories for my Classic Who rewatch)

12. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

Being Human (original) or Misfits. The latter hasn't finished yet though...

13. gturner

gturner Admiral

I voted for SGU, just because not many people are discussing it, but frankly it's a toss-up. You could just go back and read your whole SG-1 thread as if it was your first re-watch of SG-1. :D

I wouldn't mind a Terminato: Sarah Connor rewatch, either, as I liked that show (too bad it got cancelled just as it was really rolling).

14. teacake

Clone Wars is on my list after I finish my second rewatch of MLP. But I won't be doing any review thread on it. I'm also watching Misfits, up to episode 5, but ditto on the reviews.

I'm kind of hanging out to see SGU again.. but Browder and Black are coming in October!

15. Sindatur

Heh, I wasn't suggesting clone Wars for you, I was saying if you watch/Review Atlantis, then by th time you get to SGU, I should be done with Clone Wars and couls watch SGU along with you.

16. teacake

We should tee up when we watch SGU Sindatur. If I watch Atlantis or Farscape they are both 5 seasons. One worry I had about reviewing Farscape was the difficulty in keeping it spoiler free in the big forum.

17. Sindatur

The bulk of the Posters will keep it clean if you say your thread is a First Time Watch. On occasion, someone may come in who's a creep or unthinking, but, that's not usual. There's a Guy now about half way through S4 B5 (And got through 3 seasons of Farscape when the thread was a "Farscape or B5, which should I watch" thread, but, he hated a character and quit Farscape) and no one's spilled anything on him.

18. teacake

Ah okay, good to know!

19. gturner

gturner Admiral

That's why an SGU first-time viewing thread is so safe. Nobody can spoil it because nobody knows how it really ends. ^_^

20. teacake

I can't think of a single big reveal on SG:U.

Ah well, if there is one please spoiler it as Sindatur hasn't seen it :)