Did Supergirl get punched out of her skin?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Supergirl has nice granny panties, I guess. And is that Louis Lane next to her?

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I had a love/hate feeling on Bogdanove's artwork. It had a cool style going for it, but characters at certain angles made it look awkward. That said, and an interesting aside, I think it was Bogdanove's design that Mattel used for their first Superman action figure in the DC Superheroes line (which later evolved into DC Universe Classics). To me, it is the best Superman figure I've ever encountered.

Supergirl is wearing a skirt that comes down in a point in the center. Lois wearing a tie, well, in the early '90s, there was a brief period where that was fashionable for women. It didn't really last long.

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

But, she's got no breasts, and her head looks like a dude wearing a wig.

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Love the big hair!!!!!

5. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Not to mention the shoulders. But I think shoulder pads were also a big thing in the early '90s. The bottom line is, she looks mannish. :wtf:

6. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, I didn't phase on the Shoulders, 'cause yea, Shoulder pads were big in the late 80s/early 90s

7. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

Lost got so terrible, though.

8. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

Wait, that has to be Supes in drag. It has to be. There is no reasoning that can convince me otherwise.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Even so, those shoulder pads are fucking huge.

10. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

That's just horribly drawn or I'm having some sort of perception problem.

Supergirl and her Farrah Fawcett hair, and is that... Lois?! What the hell!? Shoulder pads are one thing but she's built like a linebacker! And her head/hair is just weird!

That comic is just plain WTF.

11. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Lois was a redhead in the early post-Crisis comics.

12. Trekker4747

The color I'm fine with the "style" and specifically the shape of her head is just bizarre.

13. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Speaking of which, look what I just found: fan art feat. Amber Heard (larger here):

[​IMG]

Speaking as a die-hard liberal, if Hollywood fails to make this a reality in the next, say, three years, I'd call that excellent cause for bringing back the HUAC. :p

14. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

I think it was the Superman animated series (and later JLA) which sort of mixed the original concept with the look of the Linda Danvers version. They of course eventually brought back a post-crisis version of the original Kara (In Batman/Superman) who has become a staple of the post-crisis Superman mythos since, although with the relaunch I think her origin has been altered (Along with Supes himself). I think in Justice League Unlimited, the DCAU version of Kara also started wearing an outfit similar to her comics counterpart.

There's also of course Power Girl, who is the cousin of the Golden Age Superman who lived on Earth-2. But that's a whole new mess there, too.

Plus wasn't there a Jeph Loeb or Joe Kelly version of Supergirl as well, who was not blonde but had dark shorter hair? I think she showed up in a strange Batman/Superman story where all the different incarnations of Supergirl teamed up.

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ That's actually not bad.

16. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Cir-El. She was Superman's daughter from the future. Thing was that she really wasn't his daughter and was a creation of Brainiac as a way to control the world. She eventually was able to erase herself from existence to thwart Brainiac's plan.

17. Trekker4747

I like that.

And I think a good, decent, Supergirl movie is long over do but it has the big, stinking, stigma of the 80s movie to overcome.

18. Admiral_Young

Who Fan is actually talking about the Michael Turner and Jeph Loeb Supergirl, Kara Zor-El which was introduced in Superman/Batman and of which we had the animated movie Apocalypse recently, that is who Who Fan was referring to Broccoli :) This is also the version that was used in "Smallville" and played by Laura Vandervoort. Summer Glau voiced Kara in the aforementioned animated movie.

19. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, there's what the skirt is supposed to be, and then there's what it looks like. And the tie is the least bad part of Lois's depiction there.

Also I think this woman has a spinal injury:
    [​IMG]

20. Admiral_Young

I absolutely hated Jon Bogdonove's art...and still do.