(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Why in any normal work place the first offence would of gotten him sacked from alot of places...Hes a total prick Andy Gray in all 3 videos now (not 2).

2. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can't agree with that. As big a bellend as Gray, and Keys are, Sky are taking the p1ss. We employ about 12,000 people across our offices, if behaviour like that seen in the microphone video is enough to get you sacked, then we'd likely have no one left by the end of the week.

3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah, most of the banter going back and forth in my office (from men and woman) isn't much different! I guess it's different as it's back and forth, not comments made behind someone's back. You'd think people in the media would know better!

Suspect this is a handy way for Sky to get rid. Still the guy is a knob! They're suggesting they've sacked him because other evidence has come to light...as Peter Reid points out, apparently Grey was looking into possibly sueing the NOTW over phone hacking...now who owns that again?

BTW, 500K for Commons? Bite their hand off, Nige!!!

4. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Andy Gray can fuck off now from the FIFA games too :lol:

5. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

On the plus side, Andy Gray is gone. If Keys, Redknapp and Merson could follow that'd be great. Then we can started on the BBC punditry cull.

So, that Manchester United eh? They're like the footballing version of the Terminator.

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I think what's scary about United is that they're clearly a weaker team than they were a few years ago, yet are just as unstoppable!

Pity the fool who follows Fergie...

7. Angel4576

United are benefiting massively from the decline of Chelsea, and to a lesser extent, Liverpool. Arsenal are closing the gap again finally, but aren't the finished article yet, and you have the new pretenders, Man City, who again, aren't close enough yet.

I expect Chelsea will come good again. Saw they had a £53m bid for Aguerro and Godin turned down yesterday, a sign of their intent at least.

8. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Keys has just walked and actually said on Talksport Radio he deserves to be battered for his words. I don't mind Redknapp too much but he does sound like a school boy on crack at times and if I had a wife like Louise Redknapp I would be at home with her and not on the TV :drool:

Paul Merson is a laugh, I can't stand Dean Windass when he's at a match because I only understand every 4th word :lol:. I wonder if Ben Sheppard whose good at his job will get the main role with Dave Jones who tookover for Monday Footy, to get Sheppard's job as number 2.

I do wonder who will get the co-commentary job with Tyler though ? Several years ago Graeme Le Saux did that job for BBC and he was brilliant at it, I would love to see him back in the box.

9. HappyDayRiot

Actually yes, Windass is awful - he can't talk about a headed goal without butting the camera

Peter Beagrie can also go - he's Sky's Football League version of Redknapp. Not annoying per se, just dull through overuse.

Perhaps when Fergie retires...

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I suspect Keys has jumped before he was pushed, notice he mentioned dark forces at work behind the scenes. It looks increasingly like this has nowt to do with sexism (interesting how further information about Gray came to light in the wake of this) and is Sky's way of offloading the pair of them on the cheap. If Gray is as sexist as it appears you're not telling me bosses weren't well aware of this some time ago (always assuming he wasn't already down the diciplinary path and this was the final straw which doesn't appear to be the case) I wonder what his lawyers are advising?

Commons off to Celtic then, which is annoying given they've offered 200K less than Rangers, but Rangers wouldn't pay his supposed 20K a week salary demands!

Ah well, he cost us nothing so we made a profit on him at least (signing on fees aside!) just hope we get at least one striker in before the deadline!

11. Angel4576

Wouldn't surprise me if Keys and Gray turn up on ESPN.

Commons to Celtic - Bah. I'd have respected him if he'd said at any point that he was looking to leave, but instead he's strung everyone along and d1cked the club about, even when we offered him exactly what he'd wanted. Shouldn't be surprised though I guess, it's exactly what he did to Stoke and it's exactly what he did to Forest. He's just a mercenary.

Glick's said that Clough will get the money to reinvest immediately. Whoopy doo, £300k Tom, thanks for that. Hardly enough to get a player from the lower leagues in, let alone a replacement for our most influential player.

So, likely another transfer window where we do fcuk all but get rid of our best players and replace them with loanees, bargain basement signings, or don't even bother.

The sooner this shower are far away from the club the better.

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well I've decided not to rant till at least the window closes (at which point they'll obviously spin the "It's ok the emergency loan window opens soon!" line)

I guess if come next week we've signed Waghorn and Ayala(sp) on loan and bought that guy from Kilmarnock then it won't have been a terrible window. One out four in...

Somehow I doubt it'll be that good!

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

It seems Chelsea may have made a BIG bid for Torres who has told Liverpool he would like to talk with Chelsea according to The Mirror. Sell him Liverpool you could use money to rebuild squad not too mention I would cash in on Reina and Glen Johnson too + sell of some of the fringe players...

Liverpool could rebuild a good squad over the next 6 months if they are smart.

14. HappyDayRiot

Bid agreed and made for Suarez. They should get him and sell Torres. Lot of change leftover there for some real full-backs.

15. Angel4576

See another constant link, Charlie Austin's signed for Burnley. I'm beginning to see what our transfer approach is; make intimations and insinuations about players, wait until someone else signs them and then bemoan how unlucky we were to be pipped to the punch.

Besides Commons we've also let three of the youngsters go, including Mitch Hanson who can't have been that far off the squad at this point. Disappointing.

Ayala and Waghorn would be decent loan signings, but even if we did get them, which is by no means certain, then we're still replacing the influential players that we've lost with loanees. We're back to square one in the summer when the loanees go back. No doubt then we'l get more Glick-n-spiel in order to flog more season tickets.

Definitely get rid of Johnson, and some of the other peripheral players, but I'd keep hold of Torres. The problem with Liverpool is that they only really have Reina, Gerrard and Torres who'd describe as AAA players. I'd let any of the others go and then build the team around those three. Suarez is a fantastic signing if it goes through, you can see a Torres/Suarez partnership getting a hell of a lot of goals. You just wonder though whether they're bringing Suarez in because they can then flog Torres to Chelsea.

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Adam Johnson out for at least 3 months and really including getting match fitness he could miss the rest of ENG's games this season. Denmark, Wales (Q/F), Ghana and possibly Switzerland (Q/F). :(

I hope Milner plays on the right against Wales anyway to keep Bale in check but this once again shows up out lack of depth because Walcott cannot start ENG games and make an impact in my opinion, Lennon ENG form is hit/miss, Milner is only a part time winger despite what Man City may believe and Ashley Young is not international class.

I would like to see Agbonlahor on the left for a while, hes played there recently for Villa, doing well and started his career out on the left wing.

17. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what happens in the summer, Savage will def need replacing, as will Porter and Davis likely (although I reckon Porter might get a new contract)

I notice Sammon scored again yesterday...wonder if his price has gone up now!

I do worry if we don't sign a striker, even on loan, before close of play tomorrow.

With regards to the youngsters you'd have to imagine they can't be up to this level of the game, I mean for a penny pinching club it would surely make more sense to hang onto them if there was a chance we could play them instead of someone we have to pay money for!

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Welcome to transfer deadline day! Will Torres go seeing as he's apparently put a transfer request in?

I have a very bad feeling about the day. We are interested in Sammon, but apparently Kilmarnock's asking price might be a stumbling block :brickwall:

Oh yeah, and looks like Palace want to sign Moxey! Now how on earth does it make sense to sell one of your left backs when defence has been shaky of late? I mean Moxey isn't brilliant, but frankly I think he's better than Roberts and more importantly a lot younger! Plus surely he's our third choice striker? Who are we going to play now when we don't sign Waghorn or Sammon and Porter and Davis clash heads in training and knock each other out until the end of the season?

19. HappyDayRiot

Konchesky to Forest.

I look forward to our game there in a few weeks. Bellamy vs Konchesky. JET vs Konchesky. Chopra vs... you get the picture. Not so daunting a trip anymore.

20. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I've always rated Konchesky, I hate to say it, but good bit of business for Forest that!

Liverpool bid £30 million for Andy Carroll! The world has indeed gone crazy!