Official Smallville Season Eight Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

No he went back to his timeline but its better now that brainiac didn't go out of control

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just posted an erratic theory over in the Superman movie reboot thread.

Gough and Millar. What if they weren't fired? What if they were promoted?

Could they be laying the foundations right now for a Tom Welling Superman Movie?

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I hope not.

4. Guy Gardener

The problem with superhero movies is the extended origin telling. But with this, they can do what they did on the final farscape and final Buffy where they say "previously on..." and then show one frame from every episode ever made... besides... They did have one of the greatest ever Lex Luthors in their cast, that used to count for everything.

5. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Only if they can convince Welling to put on the tights!

:evil:

6. Guy Gardener

TV money couldn't. But we're talking about Movie money now.

Unless he has a REALLY small penis, saying no to the tights had to be about getting this movie eventually. Right?

Yes he could just put a sock down there, but like an intern wouldn't be selling them on EBay soon enough.

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Well, Welling in tights won't get me to the theater, but the prospect of seeing Ally Mack on the big screen would.

:techman:

8. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I do wonder if they will somehow work Chloe into any future projects.

10. Samurai8472

He ain't no Routh either ;)

I can't believe people paid that much attention to whats down there when Routh debuted:rolleyes:

Lets face it Welling is Clark Kent not accepting his destiny as Superman. He only came onto Smallville because it focused on Clark NOT superman. He'll play Clark till he's in his 40's if he has to.

People say Routh acted wooden, well Welling is cardboard. Just imagine 2 hours of the same facial expression on Superman and it will turn you off of Welling for Superman

11. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I agree. I really don't thing a Welling run Superman would be a good idea.

I remember the groups saying that Routh was obscene and called for it to be CGI manipulated. That happens with every film though where a male character is in tights. It was even said to happen on Lois & Clark because it was objected to.

12. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welling won't be Superman for two reasons:

1) He doesn't want to play Superman and wear the costume.
    2) WB will want a fresh start and won't pick someone who played the role for 8 seasons. Routh probably won't even return.

13. Guy Gardener

I understood that Routh wasn't invited.

How long until Dean Cain is old enough to play Kingdom Come Superman?

Why the hel wasn't Jerry Seinfeld in the last movie?

14. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'll agree with you that Tom can't act his way out of a paper bag. When my wife and I watched him in the remake of The Fog, I told her afterwards what I was was Clark Kent on a boat.

So I think you're right, playing Clark Kent IS his destiny.

:evil:

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I really don't think he'll do much after this, maybe Sci-Fi Channel films.

16. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm...with Routh likely not returning as Supes, think he'll have a guest shot in Smallville?

17. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ He had one on The Batman so why not?

18. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

^ More I think about it, if TPTB offer him a guest shot it wouldn't be this season...at least until WB knows for sure what they ultimately plan to do with the Superman reboot. If Smallville goes into a year 9 (which, I'd be surprised at, but you never know), I can see it being more likely then.

Then again, I can see WB squashing even TPTB thinking that, as exec. logic would leave them wanting everyone to completely forget SR in favor of whatever they do next.

19. Samurai8472

I saw Fear itself on NBC where he had his legs chopped off for attempting to leave the community. It's too bad he didn't reach the A level status of a star. I'm hoping he gets bigger roles. Maybe do one of those romantic comedies first.

20. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since movies can't go to commercial where the Smallville writers like to forget things happened so they don't have to write plausible and satisfactory conclusions, what would they do? Jimmy Olsen wakes up from the dead and in his next scene... everyone just ignores it? They also might have a difficult time giving Lex more than four concussions in a two-hour run time.

But on the other side, think of what they could do with a large budget. Kid eating his breakfast cereal is infected by meteor rocks. So now he will use his powers to flood Smallville with milk!