Nolan now in total control, and Bale will return as Bats

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

Getting Star Trek tech from Fox to magically pull fingerprints does not equal detective work.

2. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Am I the only one who realizes the significance of the fact that the Hollywood trades haven't touched this supposed scoop?

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can get behind Nolan being a producer on Justice League, but I don't see him coming on to direct a Justice League film. I know that Bale has said before that he would don the cape again in Nolan was the director, so many WB just backed up to their houses with a pile of cash if true.

4. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cripes. If this is true, the metric tonnage of money that just got dumped on Nolan would beggar the imagination. As for how it would work, I'm seriously on the fence. To my mind, Batman only works in a world without the super-human. That's why Nolan's movies worked so well for me, because it was a world of heightened but familiar reality. Alien invaders and Superman just don't fit into that world. Even the two most useless Avengers did more ridiculously super-human stunts than Bale's Batman on his best day.

I guess that's why I'm not really a fan of the JL movie concept in general, regardless of Nolan/Bale's involvement.

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

They know how fake this news is. It was probably started by hopeful Nolan/DC fanboys.

6. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the idea of reassembling a fragmented bullet was ingenious. Makes me wonder whether it could actually work, and whether the fingerprint would survive everything that happens once the round is fired.

7. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

:lol:

I have a feeling any that any examples I give of detective work from the movies you will respond with "No, that's not detective work."

8. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, it does.

Oh, hell no! :p

Nope. Even the fairly rumor friendly AV Club hasn't featured it.

9. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting comment on this "news" here.

10. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I stopped reading at:
    "What made Nolan's Batman trilogy so iconic was the fact that we were able to relate to Bruce Wayne and his world."

Do people REALLY still think this? That it's impossible to fit Superman into a world where a man dresses as a bat and glides around a city, drives cars ON TOP of rooftops, has the technology of the Enterprise and is easily able to recover from a broken back by doing the complete opposite of what common sense can dictate? All the while trying to fight off villains using microwave weapons to release fear gas into a city, ancient warrior clans and men dressed as a clown that are basically psychic and can know what the hero is going to do before the hero even knows?

This isn't the world I've grown up in, not even close.

I like these movies as much as anybody, for real, but this isn't a documentary and I don't understand why people try to convince themselves otherwise. It's as grounded in reality as Iron Man and any other superhero movie. I'd argue less so than even Burton's Batman! But there's nothing wrong with that!

Bring in Superman. Bring in GL and Flash. It can all work. And if it's a well made movie, nobody except 12 nerds will fold their arms and say "This can't be! Batman is real and Superman is not!!"

11. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There is a fundamental divide here, and it's the dude who flies and has heat vision.

Yeah, driving a multi-ton tank on rooftop was dumb. Yeah, the magic chriopractor in Bane's prison made very little sense. However, these things stretch our reality, but they don't break it. A flying alien who looks human and is oddly anonymous despite the fact he looks exactly like a certain nebbish newspaper reporter is that bridge too far.

Yes, a version of Batman can (and does) work in a world populated by aliens, magic and countless super-powered heros and villains. That Batman is not Nolan's.

12. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why not Nolan's?

13. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

One of the ways I could see it working is if Batman came first and Superman came second. Nolans Batman has to come back out of his self imposed fake death to investigate this new super-man in Metropolis. This eliminates(mostly, kinda, dont think about it so much) the why didnt Superman come to help Batman vs Bane arguements. Also establishes a good reason for the Bat to return. I cant recall if I have ever seen or read about Batman coming onto the scene before Superman in a story but it could work in this instance.

14. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Animated Series.

15. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Luckily that kind of thing would never happen in Star Trek circles. :alienblush:

16. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If the tone is consistent, then it most certainly can work and not only would nobody complain, the box office would support that people wouldn't mind it.

They just have to treat the story as serious as they've treated the rest of the franchise.

17. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

"Nolan now in total control"

Lol that sounds so ominous

reporter - Nolan's tanks have stormed Burbank California!

18. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bah, Nolan's got Batman and Superman.

J.J. Abrams has the military forces of entire galaxies at his command. ;)

19. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Happy Friday! Just a friendly reminder that Nolan is not now in total control, Bale will not return as Bats, and "they" are not going ahead with a Justice League movie.

[​IMG]

... Hope everyone has a super weekend! :bolian:

20. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

It may be a non-issue at this point but I was thinking along your lines myself as to how they could try to do this.