Can we learn from Star Trek?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Ulle, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Ulle

Ulle Cadet Newbie

Hello,
    I am a film student from Denmark currently writing a large paper trying to answer whether we can learn anything from watching television, especially Star Trek.

For this, i have made a short survey, that i am hoping some of you guys would take a moment of your time to answer.
    https://da.surveymonkey.com/s/53Z6J3Q

It would be greatly appreciated, and as i have often myself learned many things from watching Star Trek (mostly TOS), i guess some of you have too :)

2. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

Hello Ulle, I took your survey.

Welcome to the TrekBBS, I hope you will enjoy it here.

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Sorry, the only thing I've learned is we've had at least 10 people trying to direct us to survey monkey over the last 2 years.

4. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't get Picard talking about how superior the Federation is after you've eaten a large lunch.

:)

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

He just keeps talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one has a chance to interrupt, it's really quite hypnotic.

6. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've learned that STAR TREK: The Next Generation satisfies to the very core of me. It's entertainment that sticks to your ribs, if you follow my meaning ...

7. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Don't reach for that bowl of fruit.

Just sayin'. ;)

8. Ulle

Ulle Cadet Newbie

Thank you so much to all who answered and will do so, i have already had a lot of great insights!

Mario de Monti
    Thank you very much, for the welcome and you're feedback :)

Melakon
    Yeah you guys probably get a lot of these post, but i could really use all the insights i can get. So i am constructing my paper on something real :)

Oh, and yeah that is a great "tactic" Picard has, THAT is something you can use in you day to day life, talking to coworkers ect. ;)