More Star Wars films announced

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Candlelight, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

haha, I actually liked Jar Jar. Sure, he didn't fit into the movies, but he works better in the Clone Wars cartoon.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    He was a whole lot more tolerable in the Clone Wars animated series than he was in the live action films, even lots of fun. The "Bombad Jedi" episode from Season 1 of the show is probably the most entertaining Jar Jar's ever been.

3. Danger Ace

Danger Ace Commander Red Shirt

Item: 'Star Wars' films to come yearly starting in 2015

How long before franchise fatigue will set in? One lesson history teaches us more often than any other is that we never learn from history. :wtf:

4. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Avengers. Marvel Cinematic Universe.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I honestly think if they manage to get quality writers, directors, and casts this could be a good thing. IMO the Star Wars universe is one with a whole lot of depth, and I would love to see it explored in more detail on screen.

6. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember a Steven Spielberg movie I watched last night that had an adorable creature in it and it was cute...

Until those iguana things came out of its neck and it stared spitting poison loogies into people's eyes and then it ate the mailman from Seinfeld alive literally and horrifically (though off screen) while he was screaming from it.

Yeah, I tend to look at the franchise fatigue argument as covering up the real reason Star Trek died....

Basically it stared to suck.

7. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

There is no such thing as franchise fatigue. There's only "many bad films in a row" fatigue. There is no such thing as an "thousand absolutely awesome films in a row" fatigue.

8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Most people weren't tired of Star Trek. They were tired of what they viewed as too many disappointing and subpar Star Trek stories strung in a row.

I don't think most would have really cared about new Star Trek being both on the airwaves and in theaters for almost 20 consecutive years in a row if they thought most of the episodes and films had been great.