Life: "One" 4/8 - Grading & Discussion - Season (Series?) finale

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Apr 8, 2009.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. Above average

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Below average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Crews continues his search for Reese, who disappeared while working with the F.B.I. In the course of his investigation, he discovers details about a conspiracy against him.

2. Aragorn

Well that's a first -- a non-character, yet someone who's been on the show off and on since the first episode, gets murdered. I guess we won't be getting that Charlie Crews documentary now. :p

3. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The ending felt a bit rushed but I presume that's because the writers figured they'd be getting cancelled. So I give them credit for not leaving it on a cliffhanger which is what I thought was going to happen right up until about the last minute.

I'm guessing this show won't be back because of it's abysmal ratings and I'm going to miss it. I really like the Charlie Crews character. But that being said, they left the show in a good place (although something tells me Tidwell won't be too happy with the outcome if I perceived the final moments correctly.)

4. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it'd be too bad if the show was canned but at least there was an ending of sorts.

If anything, it was better than the hokey Life on Mars ending. :lol:

5. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Well, if it is the last episode, I can't think of a more badass way to end the show.

6. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

Very satisfying episode, though it did feel a bit rushed. I hate the ratings/cancellation thing. Messes with good stories.

7. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Honestly, I think these arc based shows should have endings in mind. It sound be one of the first episodes that they shoot and they should have that goal in mind.

8. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

I'll be VERY disappointed if they don't bring this show back.. I love the Crews character. That said.. they did give us a satisfying ending if they do cancel it......

9. Aragorn

Easy Company kicked Cromartie's ass!! :)

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Fantastic episode.

Am I the only one who thought they were alluding to awakening feelings between Crews and Reese? It sure seemed that way when FBI agent told Crews he met his wife because she was his partner, and then again when Reese looked at him after he basically sacrificed himself for her.

I also really liked the move Charlie made to get himself out of his predicament. It kicked ass!

11. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Yeah. I doubt the lead actors or SAG would ever agree to that. Come re-negotiation time, "Hey. We already filmed the ending. You can take a walk. We'll explain your three-season weight gain disappearing in the finale SOMEhow."

Um ... one question, though. Doesn't Ted going to Spain violate his parole? :)

--Ted

12. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

I really hope this show comes back. It's amazing. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the best written dramas on television today. Amazing characters.

13. Nociod

Nociod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I liked this episode, so voted excellent.

Have some questions though..

1) Why would the police be after Crews after seeing the hostage tape? I can only assume it was for suspending him so he couldn't take advantage of his badge and go "rogue cop" again like in the first season... Does the tape really warrant tracking him down via his cell phone, tracking Tidwells phone, pulling out the their guns on the FBI guys wife car?

2) At the end, Seever is up for promotion because Rayborn said she saved him, and that she now "owes him".. Saved him from what exactly? From Crews?, Nevikov?, the homeless guys at the shelter?

I understand that she doesn't flat out say she was an accessory to kidnapping, but isn't it illegal to fake your death?, she could have said she was bringing him in for questioning or something.. If she goes for the "saved him" angle, she will have to make a false report, lie and setting herself into debt to a criminal, she will be a dirty cop, and if she moves on to politics, a dirty politician.

Loved Crews "want to know how I survived prison?" scene, and how they seemingly tied the conspiracy plot together. I too got the feeling that they are setting up Reese and Crews together, but I don't really want to see them together,

14. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

I agree. Whomever Crews might end up with (if the series should continue) should really come out of left field. Almost as original as he is.

I also liked the quirky friendship forming between Ted and Rayborn's female detective/lawyer(?)

Maybe ABC or FOX can save this one. I don't see it airing on CBS.

--Ted

15. gh4chiefs

No you're not the only one. That's what I meant when I posted the following:

16. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^Right. I missed that the first time round.

I really hope it gets renewed!

17. gh4chiefs

Well I was kind of vague on purpose because at that point, I didn't want to run the risk of being "spoilery."

But I agree with you, it did seem to be pretty much implicitly implied with each of them mooning over each other and the voice from the "zen" tape talking about 1+1 = 1 and I think he even said "Love" at some point.

So like I said, I'm gonna miss it, but they left it in a good place.

18. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

The actress who plays Rayborn's head of security - wasn't she in Farscape? The woman who melted after trying to create wormholes for Scorpy?

19. Nociod

Nociod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Haven't watched Farscape, so don't know, but it's not listed on imdb http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0567031/.

A little of topic, but she (Helen McCrory) is Damian Lewis's wife!

20. Aragorn

So is the conspiracy finished or does that last conversation between Crews and Rayborn open a whole new can of worms?