Smallville season 8 spoiler

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Samurai8472, Mar 6, 2009.

1. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

how exactly would that work?

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Chloe will suggest Clark lose weight by getting on an exercise bike. Doomsday rocks the barns foundation

Clark falls off and regenerates into Brandon Routh.

the show survives for another 8 years

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

TV magic!:eek:

Really it wouldn't I was joking around.

JF

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can the show survive without Tom Welling? He's got two remakes and a sequel of a remake under his belt for his entire movie resume. That's got to count for something!

5. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

Clark is a Time Lord now?

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

OT: There were plans to continue it this season if Welling didn't sign on focusing on Supergirl.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

ever since Kara appeared I was thinking a reverse buffy/angel situations would happen

Kara would get her Scooby doo gang and go to college

8. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

Wait a minute...

"long-running character"

"qualifies as a vet"

What about Bart Allen/Impulse? He was introduced in season 3. Reappeared in Justice (season 6?). He has been referred to since then, but not seen. And the actor who plays him is due to star in a new horror movie playing Virginia Madsen's son. So, he qualifies as a Smallville veteran. And aside from Clark, or even in step with, there isn't a more "long-running" character on the show.

And if it is a Flash that is to die, will they call the episode "Crisis"?

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

It could be Pete Ross or anyone really, I remember reading everyone was coming back except the Davis Bloom Character.

Who knows?

JF

10. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think Chloe makes the most logical choice because of hearing there are issues with bringing Allison onboard for another season. Perhaps it would save them money then to continue reupping(or paying her more money) as the case may be.

Although it could mean the death of Ma Kent, but I don't really expect her to ever appear in the show again.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Chloe has become the writer's chess piece this season. Erratically moving her all over the place to give Allison a lot a screen time. Whether as a host for Brainiac. Her relationship with Davis/Doomsday. Or her marriage to Jimmy, who we have not even seen since their wedding!

But its hard to see where this will end up. I can't imagine the writers giving her a better season than this one. Chloe would go back to just being Clark's friend. Allison Mack and her fans would likely be disappointed in that. So this would seem like the perfect time for her exit.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  12. the Dagman

If Chloe goes then the ratings will tank. And the show runners KNOW this. It was why they pulled out the stops to get her back for this season. That is the talks you all have been referring to. They just barely managed to get her back for THIS season. No one has even mentioned as being in negotiations for next season aside from Tom Welling. And I would have thought that there would be options in Mack's contract that she will continue on with the role should the show continue past season eight, as it will now be doing. Since, aside from Welling, she is the only remaining original cast member, a fan favorite, and a character they created themselves so they don't have DC saying what they can and cannot do with her. Plus, she's the female lead for the show and they can only use Lois for 13 episodes a season. Chloe may get put through a lot of crap over the remainder of the season, but she's not going anywhere.

Plus, most people in charge of fan favorite franchises are notorious for dropping literal hints. "Technically a show veteran" does NOT say Chloe. It says someone who has appeared on the show for more than just this season. A "long-running character" is a character who has run a long way. Plus, they haven't released the title of the episode yet. Why? If there is a Crisis, a Flash will die. It would reveal too much.

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Whitney is coming back just to die.

14. Jayson

Jayson Vice Admiral Admiral

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the idea of Lex Luthor dying. Chances are you won't get the actor at all for even a single episode and you don't want the character hiding in the shadows again like he has this season.

Jason

15. the Dagman

Maybe because he is already dead as of the last newly aired episode? And Oliver Queen apparently took Luthor's kryptonite ring from the remains of his charred dead hand? If this was the comics, I'd be looking for a way for him to come back from that. But it's not. And given Rosenbaum's flat out refusal to return, it appears that as far as Smallville is concerned Lex Luthor is dead.

16. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^For Now.

It's a comic world. I'm sure a cloned Luthor with Luthor's own consciousness wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities. Alexander Luthor anyone?

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Lex is dead what about Lucas??? lucas Luthor could become the new LEX!!!

I think boy flash IMPULSE(Bart Allen) is a going to die...

Just find the spoilers for the season finale.

JF

18. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I really hope you're right, Dagman. Like you, I'd lose interest in this show fairly quickly without Chloe in it. She is, as far as I'm concerned, the heart and soul of Smallville (yeah, I'm biased, but what the frak).

:p

Someone mentioned, and I've begun entertaining the notion, that it could be Ma Kent. Rather than to have her continue as an offscreen presence, it would give the character closure and push Clark even closer to his real destiny.

Just a thought, but one that does seem to make sense to me.

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I know! Serinda Swan in fish nets! They rarely do anything for me but... :drools:

20. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Honestly, if they could come up with a decent concept for a Chloe Spin-Off, I'd love to see it.

Does she still have her Healing Ability? I do miss her crazy mad hacking skillz, but surely the DC universe is big enough for Chloe Sullivan (or is it Chloe Olsen now) The Black Queen of Checkmate.

Am I right?