Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Neroon, Aug 20, 2007.

1. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

^ And no...you CANNOT use that as a sigline. :p

2. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

So after seeing "Grey 17 Is Missing" you still think he's a dick? :wtf:

3. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

Dude challenged Delenn (AGAIN!), thought he was bad ass while runnin' away from Lennier, tried to kill Marcus, and then interrupted the ceremony to tell Delenn what she already knew?

He's a dick.

Aww, why not?

:(

4. PKTrekGirl

Hour two check-in: Yup! He's still a dick!

:guffaw:

5. Neroon

Ran away from Lennier? When?

And wait until you hear Delenn's assessment in S4. But even so, his revelation, painful as it was for Marcus, changed him. He's not necessarily the most likable sort, but by the end of the episodes he's no more of a dick.

Consider the situation from his POV:
    It's true he went off kilter in his followup to that view by threatening one of Minbari society's most sacred of laws. Yet there is much more to come in S4 to add to the overall assessment. Then again, that doesn't help with where things are at this moment.

6. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

Well, maybe "ran away" is wrong, but one second, he's there, talkin' to Delenn, and then she turns towards Lennier, who was approachin'. When she turns back, Neroon is gone.

Wimp.

After finishin' up this season, I'm takin' a break for the weekend, since I picked up Friday Night Lights the other day, and there are new episodes of Doctor Who & Torchwood to watch tomorrow & Saturday.

So, I probably won't get to the fourth season 'til next week.

I'll let ya know if my opinion of Neroon improves.

7. Neroon

No, it was not yet time to confront them in a combat mode. As he said to Delenn, he was giving her a chance to change her mind before taking more drastic measures. The quarrel was with her and not with Lennier. Lennier is no pushover, but he would be no match for a memebr of the warrior caste so accomplished as Neroon was.

I guarantee that it will, though it won't be until late S4.

8. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

Wow, even my opinion of Neroon (the character, obviously; Neroon the poster has always been okay :D) improved sharply after "Grey 17 Is Missing". Lord knows it's the only part of the episode worth watching. :p But to each their own.

"Severed Dreams" is, of course, incomparable. PKTrekGirl and I can agree on that. But then we usually agree about important stuff. :D

9. Mal

Mal Commodore Commodore

it is, and it is also the best hours of scifi i've seen since firefly's Out of Gas, almost 5 years ago.

i've seen Blink at least 10 times since it came out. it is just phenomenal. no, make that: PHENOMENAL!!!1!11!!

[​IMG]

10. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

11. Neroon

I'll have to wait until I get home before I can read your LJ link. Can you summarize things a bit? I am especially interested in your thoughts on the last couple of episodes, mostly "Z'ha'dum".

12. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

Its pretty much the same stuff I've been sayin' here as I was watchin' the episodes.

As for the last couple of episodes...

...I didn't care for Franklin's revelations in 'Shadow Dancing'. I thought it was interestin' that when he "saw" himself, it was wearin' the Minbari-designed uniform, rather than Earth Force, or even his medical smock. The space battle stuff was alright, but the bleedin' eye freaked me out. I also had a problem with Delenn at the end. In her "fast forward" from 'War Without End', she saw that moment (and so did we), but for some reason, she didn't "hear" (and so we didn't). But when Anna arrived, she also spoke, and then Delenn dropped the snow globe. So, why wasn't there audio for Delenn's trip to the future when there was audio for Sheridan's?

...the seaosn finale was pretty good, though. I figured Morden would be there, and I liked the old guy that wound up takin' point to talk to Sheridan. I'm guessin' he was another of expedition "survivors". And even though it ended on a pretty massive cliffhanger (almost literally), I don't have a problem settin' the fourth season aside for the weekend to watch Friday Night Lights, 'cause both Sheridan & Garibaldi are on the box art for the fourth season.

13. Neroon

Consider that when "Z'ha'dum" first aired, it was indeed intended to be the S3 finale..... but the network in its infinitely unfathomable wisdom decided to delay its release until right before S4 was set to begin. :lol:

14. PKTrekGirl

^ Interesting. I never knew that, Neroon.

IIRC, the first time I watched B5 (on Scifi), I had to wait over a weekend (3 days) for 4x01, and I thought I would just die of curiosity as to what happened.

That was a long weekend! :lol:

And OZ, we agree on Grey 17 is Missing as well. The Garibaldi story sucked...but the Marcus/Neroon 'exchanges', both in terms of the fight and the convo in Medlab, were great!

Neroon is still a bad-ass - even when we get to the events of season 4...but he does redeem himself quite well at the end of the day.

15. Neroon

'Tis but one of the benefits of frequently consulting The Lurker's Guide:
    Guide page for "Z'ha'dum"
    Guide page for "The Hour of the Wolf

Can you imagine what it'd have been like having to wait 3 months between those tow episodes, as TNG'ers did for "Best of Both Worlds", instead of the one week you see up there????!!?!?!

:eek:

16. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

Well, in the UK, I think they had to wait for many months after "Z'ha'dum" for the next ep. IIRC, "Z'ha'dum" aired in the UK in September 1996 (a month before it aired in the US), and Season 4 didn't start until many months later.

Also, in the US schedule, the end of Seasons 1 and 2 were also aired just before the subsequent season started. I think in all those cases, the UK got the final eps of the season before the US did.

17. Neroon

According to those same guide pages, the UK broadcast of "Z'ha'dum" occurred roughly a month earlier than in the US. However, they don't have UK broadcast date for "The Hour of the Wolf". Good point about the end/begin of S1/S2 and S2/S3, though I think that the S3/S4 delay would have been the cruelest to endure.

18. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Doesn't it just kill y'all that I'm waitin' a weekend by choice before watchin' the fourth season?

:D

19. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

IIRC, the British broadcast each season as a continuous block with no breaks, then with huge breaks *between* the seasons, so I'm pretty sure they got "Hour of the Wolf" *well* after "Z'ha'dum".

20. PKTrekGirl

Well, it's your choice. But hey...I've known you long enough to know you're 'not quite right' anyway...so I'm putting it down to that. :p

:D