V'Ger

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by los2188, Jul 7, 2014.

1. los2188

los2188 Commander Red Shirt

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted here, so bare with me. Right now I'm doing something that I've never actually done before. I'm going to watch all the Star Trek movies from the beginning to the end. I'm watching The Motion Picture currently and something dawned on me in regards to the reboot. V'Ger. I am assuming that in this alternate universe V'Ger is still the same V'Ger that we all know and love. V'Ger was tricked for lack of a better word, but not defeated as we all know. It should be just as powerful as it was in prime universe. With all of that said, isn't it safe to say that in the alternate universe, meeting up with V'Ger is unavoidable? If so, do you think a movie will be made about V'Ger in the alternate universe and would you like to see one made?? I'm just curious to other people's thoughts about V'Ger as it relates to a possible movie made in the alternate universe.

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

V'Ger's already been done in the comics. Which means it won't be done in the movies.

4. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

V'ger was a really cool idea for 70's Trek. The VOYAGER probes actually meant something to audiences, because the real ones were brand new. Most of what we take for granted about the solar system was first revealed by those probes. What would a sattelite coming to life mean to audiences of today? It would be embarassing. I love the look of The Motion Picture probably more than any of the movies, even the latest ones which will borrow from that look, sometimes, as with the Admiral's uniforms. But V'ger's had its shot at entertaining the masses and the jury's still out on how well it worked. It's by no means an obvious winner.

5. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

So the long, exhausting and challenging verbal fight Khan vs. Mitchell vs. Garth in STID is now to be replaced with Borg vs. Nomad vs. V'Ger in this year's Guess My Villain's game?

I say Cumberbatch is Nomad.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep, of that era. We don't need to go back there, time for something new. Hopefully something new doesn't turn out to be indistinguishable from super powers (that is my fear lol) but whatever.

7. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

No. As has been pointed out, V'Ger has already appeared in the comics.

Doubtful (unless maybe a fan film) and no - the one movie featuring V'Ger was more than enough. I have no desire to see another.

8. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

...and this is why we got Khan in STID.

"Oh look, an antagonist from one of the previous films who's guaranteed to still exist in this timeline. Let's make a movie about THAT!"

9. teacake

I would hate to see V'Ger again. BLECH. Enough with the evolved machines.

10. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Only if we're talking about the payoff is it being an old Plymouth Voyager, this time.

11. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What Super Powers? It sounds like you already have something in mind, for what we'll see in the next movie ... Are we going to see Kes?

12. teacake

Because she lives for hundreds of years?

NOPE.

Though I am amused you are suggesting her as the villain.

13. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, for the simple reason of me not wanting ANY old Trek story to be re-told, revamped or revisited.

They can use excisting aliens, as long as the plot is new. ALthough Orci did say he was hoping to introduce new aliens, even better.

14. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If the new movies bring up V'Ger, hopefully it's only in a tease that shows us a more action-packed, exciting version of the end of TMP.

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would just request that if they do Veej, they try really really hard not to fanwank it into a Borg probe. Please, guys?

*distant sound of writers laughing*

16. teacake

Thanks KingDaniel, I feel like you have doomed us all.

17. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Common sense tells us that a group of Borg rabbits had a sexual encounter with the doomsday machine and their child found Voyager after a visit to the automated repair station with his step-father Nomad.

Yes, the Borg use rabbits for probes after the tribbles turned out to be an even worse idea.

18. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

At first, I thought you said Borg rabbis.

19. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

In the next episode of Star Trek Voyager, the ship is somehow treknicianed back in time to the Plymouth colony at Plymouth Rock in what would become the United Sta...ah!??damn!!!...still the wrong thread...excuse me...

20. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Resisting the urge to make really offensive circumcision joke. But resistance is futile...